Windows 10: Games cause my PC to shut down

Discus and support Games cause my PC to shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm playing Insurgency Sandstorm, and it causes my PC to shut down and reboot after the intro finishes. Not the only game this happens in; Hitman 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stellartron, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Games cause my PC to shut down

I'm playing Insurgency Sandstorm, and it causes my PC to shut down and reboot after the intro finishes. Not the only game this happens in; Hitman 3 also. When on DirectX 12. I can run games like Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, and Cyberpunk 2077 with max settings perfectly fine. This is what the .dmp file saysMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1 AMD64Copyright c Microso - Pastebin.com

:)

Stellartron, Aug 15, 2022

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 15, 2022
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Games cause my PC to shut down

i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Games cause my PC to shut down

1. Games cause my PC to shut down - Similar Threads - Games cause shut

2. Games unexpectedly shut down pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games unexpectedly shut down pc: As the title says games steam run fine for few minutes then immediately shuts down and sometimes restarts the system. What's weird is few work fine but literally any/everything else I fired up from beefy titles like witcher 3 to several visual novels and indies which run on...
  3. PC Shutting Down During Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Down During Games: Hi All,I've been having some issues over the last few months with my PC completely shutting down when I play games. It is quite a high end and relatively new system so wouldn't expect the system being able to handle any games to be the problem. I've tried formatting the...
  4. PC Shutting Down During Games

PC Shutting Down During Games: Hi All,I've been having some issues over the last few months with my PC completely shutting down when I play games. It is quite a high end and relatively new system so wouldn't expect the system being able to handle any games to be the problem. I've tried formatting the...
  5. Games cause my PC to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games cause my PC to shut down: I'm playing Insurgency Sandstorm, and it causes my PC to shut down and reboot after the intro finishes. Not the only game this happens in; Hitman 3 also. When on DirectX 12. I can run games like Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, and Cyberpunk 2077 with max settings perfectly...
  6. My pc shuts down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shuts down while gaming: When i play any game even if it was a small game it will crash. I format my pc and also didn’t work and i tried my graphics card in my friend pc and it work.Can anyone help me...
  7. My pc shuts down while gaming

My pc shuts down while gaming: When i play any game even if it was a small game it will crash. I format my pc and also didn’t work and i tried my graphics card in my friend pc and it work.Can anyone help me...
  8. error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming: hi all, ive been having trouble with my pc ever since i installed my new mobo and cpu. it shuts down completely and then restarts every time I play a game, specs below. error listed aswellCPU: Ryzen 5 5600xMotherboard: Msi b550 bazookaRAM: 16 gb Corsair veangeance pro...
  9. PC Shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutting down while gaming: Hello,2 months ago, I built a PC. I usually use it for gaming[CSGO, MC] and some web stuff. But I'm experiencing a crash problem. My PC just shut down while I play games. In View Reliability History I found 2 things: 1. Windows was not properly shut downThe previous system...
  10. PC shuts down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when gaming: Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient...