Windows 10: Games closing to desktop

Discus and support Games closing to desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My games close to desktop randomly from zero to multiple times per day without any error. Also my pc is not overclocked I have tried: gpu driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/troly2, Mar 9, 2020.

1. /u/troly2 Win User

Games closing to desktop

My games close to desktop randomly from zero to multiple times per day without any error. Also my pc is not overclocked I have tried: gpu driver uninstall and reinstall (ddu), bios update, clean windows install, memtest, chipseat driver update

submitted by /u/troly2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/troly2, Mar 9, 2020

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Game DVR

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem. Here are the steps:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

Catherine Cus., Mar 9, 2020
  4. Games closing to desktop

game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Games closing to desktop

1. Games closing to desktop - Similar Threads - Games closing desktop

2. BSOD after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after closing a game: I had a BSOD after closing a game. The DMP file is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/be528lclf3pext1/MEMORY.rar/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-closing-a-game/70fd64c9-cfeb-4708-b0a2-15dd7f253d25
  3. Game freezes and wont close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game freezes and wont close.: Recently started playing valorant on my pc and my screen will freeze and never unfreeze. Well this is happening if i press the windows key and open a new application it will start and then be sent behind, another thing that happens is I cant close valorant and when doing win...
  4. Game closes by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game closes by itself: After every few games I play, the game will unprompted ask 'Are you sure you want to exit the game?' and then if I click no, the game continues for a little bit, then stutters a little bit, and then fully closes the game with no information. I've been kicked from multiple...
  5. Games start then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games start then close: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my gaming PC two days ago. I downloaded it and it starts but before it works it closes with an error message. I have tried troubleshooting and other solutions posted here, but none of them work. I have re-downoaded it multiple times. I...
  6. Desktop keeps closing and reopening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps closing and reopening: Yesterday morning when I turned my HP Envy I don't have the model number on it froze up booting up. I turned it off at the surge protector and turned it back on. It booted up a little slower than usual, but brought the sign in screen up. I signed in and the desktop came up....
  7. Game Not Closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Not Closing: I was playing GTA SA and suddenly the there was a problem with the textures (They weren't loading). I thought to close the game so I pressed the windows button to get the taskbar. I tried to close it but it wasn't just closing. What I did was i pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete and...
  8. Closing Desktop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Closing Desktop Keyboard: Ever since I had to reinstall Windows 10 I have had a Desktop Keyboard which shows every time I want to enter typeface...I cannot close it and my physical keyboard will not show, and tapping the keys on the physical keyboard gives no response when the desktop keyboard is...
  9. Remote Desktop Randomly Closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Randomly Closes: When I try to connect to my work server via Remote Desktop, it randomly closes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes. I have Windows 10 Home 1803 17134.407 When I use other computers it works perfectly. I have disabled EVERYTHING and the problem...
  10. Black Screen Closing Game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen Closing Game: I've been playing the fps Warface (downloaded via Steam), after the latest cumulative update (KB3081438) whenever I close out the game it crashes to a black screen forcing a restart. I can play all day without issue until I close it. This has been an issue running Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 games closing unexpectedly