Windows 10: Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything)

Discus and support Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need help fixing my pc that has a big crashing problem. I have tried absolutely everything, including, doing a complete wipe of my pc using windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lachiejt, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything)

Need help fixing my pc that has a big crashing problem. I have tried absolutely everything, including, doing a complete wipe of my pc using windows media creation tool, updated and reinstalled drivers, gotten a new GPU, checked all cables, lowered game video settings ect. and done all the troubleshooting fixes i could find over youtube and all threads on other sites + i have also scanned for malware and had no issues. A lot of games are completely unplayable. And this hasn't happened suddenly, but rather been an ongoing problem for about a year and a half. I also don't run an antivirus (to avoid problems at my own risk) I'm sure most of you could understand how frustrating this is.

Thanks for anyone that can help.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Ram: Corsair 2400mhz 16gb (2x8) DDR4

SSD: 120gb m.2

Motherboard: MSI B450 pro m-2

PSU: Corsair 650W

HDD: 2tb Seagate

All parts were brought new and are not old.

I also have 4 fans in my computer and it’s not overheating.I have all latest drivers

I would be happy to provide any additional information.

submitted by /u/lachiejt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lachiejt, Jan 19, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Mihael_W Win User
    Game Crashing Consistently

Hello!

Please ensure that you do not have any of the following applications installed as they are incompatible with the game:

• MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
    • EVGA Precision
    • OBS
    • Xsplit
    • MacType
    • Warsaw Banking App
    • Wallpaper Engine

Are you running the game as Administrator?

Are you running the latest GPU drivers?

Did you install or uninstall anything after the first time you played it?

Here is the official support link:

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC

Thanks. Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything) :)

Mihael_W, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything)

Computer crashes when trying to game

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while game get crashed?

2) Is the issue confined to War games only?

This issue might occur, if graphics driver is not updated properly.

I would suggest you to update your graphics driver and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything)

1. Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything) - Similar Threads - Games consistently crashing

2. Laptop consistently crashing when I try to play any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop consistently crashing when I try to play any game.: Hello, as the title says my laptop gives several different crashing errors when I try to play any sort of game. I own an Acer 515-57, Windows 11 with both Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti graphics driver. The problem started to occur when I switched over to the NVIDIA...
  3. Laptop consistently crashing when I try to play any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop consistently crashing when I try to play any game.: Hello, as the title says my laptop gives several different crashing errors when I try to play any sort of game. I own an Acer 515-57, Windows 11 with both Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti graphics driver. The problem started to occur when I switched over to the NVIDIA...
  4. Consistent Application Crash Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Application Crash Playing Games: Hi there!I am running into a continuous error playing games on my PC. After playing normally for 2-10 minutes the game will crash suddenly. I have tried many things on this website including uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back to earlier driver versions. This is a...
  5. Consistent Application Crash Playing Games

Consistent Application Crash Playing Games: Hi there!I am running into a continuous error playing games on my PC. After playing normally for 2-10 minutes the game will crash suddenly. I have tried many things on this website including uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, rolling back to earlier driver versions. This is a...
  6. Games Crashing After Trying Everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games Crashing After Trying Everything: I have had my pc since late 2018, and since then noticed constant crashing to the desktop in just about every game. I have tried just about everything to fix it from doing a proper reset of my PC with the media installation key, i have kept my drivers up to date, monitored...
  7. Games Crashing Repeatedly. Tried Everything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games Crashing Repeatedly. Tried Everything!: Hello Everyone, I recently upgraded parts of my desktop PC. I purchased an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 cpu, an MSI B450M-A PRO motherboard, and a RX 590 gpu. As well as the upgrade, I reset windows entirely, formatting my hard drives and reinstalling windows clean. Since then, I...
  8. Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!: I bought a Dell Laptop used from my brother. He assures me there was no hardware change and Windows came preinstalled on the device. Besides normal updates he can't recall downloading any windows. I've had it over a year then suddenly it says it's no longer activated. It...
  9. Games are consistently crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are consistently crashing.: My current setup is as follows: CPU: i7-6700k (Cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) GPU: MSI Seahawk 1070 Motherboard: Asus Z270-A Prime Ram: 24G 2400hz DDR4 GSkill PSU: EVGA 500B HDD/SSD: 1TB WD BLUE/1TB Samsung 860 EVO My pc has started to run into a problem where...
  10. Game Crashing Consistently

Game Crashing Consistently: Hi, So i bought Forza Horizon 4 on the microsoft store for PC and i was able to play it for a few hours until suddenly it crashed. I thought it was no big deal but when i launched the game again it took me into the screen at the start where it says press enter to continue,...