Windows 10: Games crash/hang on startup

Discus and support Games crash/hang on startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently most of the games on my computer Windows 10 v21H2 have been crashing or hanging after launch. Some games work fine and some load for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DIEUGENIO2, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Games crash/hang on startup

Recently most of the games on my computer Windows 10 v21H2 have been crashing or hanging after launch. Some games work fine and some load for a few seconds before they are labeled as Not Responding in task manager. I have already tried updating graphics driver. Running a display driver uninstall tool and installing from scratch. I have also tried down clocking my GPU GTX 1070, but that didn't work either. I also tried disabling real-time protection of Windows Defender. Nothing was installed before the issues started and games have only been installed through Steam, Battle.net, Epic Games,

:)

DIEUGENIO2, Dec 29, 2021

2. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Dec 29, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Games crash/hang on startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Games crash/hang on startup

1. Games crash/hang on startup - Similar Threads - Games crash hang

2. Games Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  3. Games Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  4. Windows 10 consistently hangs or crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 consistently hangs or crashes on startup: I've been troubleshooting for quite a while and have decided to seek help here. During the installation of a game using the epic games client, my computer was "force shut-down." When I turned it back on, it hung after the uefi and during the kernel stage as detailed as...
  5. Windows 10 consistently hangs or crashes on startup

Windows 10 consistently hangs or crashes on startup: I've been troubleshooting for quite a while and have decided to seek help here. During the installation of a game using the epic games client, my computer was "force shut-down." When I turned it back on, it hung after the uefi and during the kernel stage as detailed as...
  6. Windows 10 consistently hangs or crashes on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Game hangs and crashes

Game hangs and crashes: The game has just been updated League of Legends and this version crashes while I'm in game.The reason I'm here is: LoL support will tell me "restart in safe mode/perhaps your system is too hot" without caring about the "it happens only in this version and I play a lot of ",...
  8. Game hangs and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hangs and crashes: The game has just been updated League of Legends and this version crashes while I'm in game.The reason I'm here is: LoL support will tell me "restart in safe mode/perhaps your system is too hot" without caring about the "it happens only in this version and I play a lot of ",...
  9. Games crash/hang on startup

Games crash/hang on startup: Recently most of the games on my computer Windows 10 v21H2 have been crashing or hanging after launch. Some games work fine and some load for a few seconds before they are labeled as Not Responding in task manager. I have already tried updating graphics driver. Running a...
  10. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd