Windows 10: Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

Discus and support Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reapor_yurnero, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so on I'm actively playing, either the system would crash bluescreen or the game itself would crash once I've played it for a while e.g. more than 30min. In certain extreme case, the game would crash three times in an hour. I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to look at the minidumps. All dumps are sharedhere.

FYI: I'm using win10 home 1909 with all available updates installed. I was using 64GB RAM before september and later on I took 32GB away to see if it's the problem of RAM.

:)

reapor_yurnero, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Keiuran Win User

Frequent Crashes while Gaming

I had another crash recently that I just uploaded, and the game is still crashing quite frequently as well even if it's not bluescreening my computer.

Keiuran, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Keiuran Win User
    Frequent Crashes while Gaming

Hello, I've been having problems with either my game or computer crashing while playing the game League of Legends (and it's various game modes) quite a bit recently and I'm at my wits end. Everything points to some kind of driver being broken but I don't
    have a clue which.

Here is a folder with all the mini crash dumps. I have a full crash dump available as well if needed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xmrs3ImrrVmtF0_LaLbfH0kxWtuCSUI5

Keiuran, Sep 12, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

1. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games - Similar Threads - Games crash system

2. Experiencing Crashes when Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing Crashes when Playing Games: I got a new PC recently to play games and many of the newer games cause my computer to crash. I'll try to attach the minidump file of one that happened today....
  3. Windows crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes when playing games: My windows keeps crashing abruptly when gaming. Event viewer doesn't really show anything specific. I've already reinstalled windows multiple times and even changed the drives where the OS is installed, nothing has helped. Below are the system specifications. Any help is...
  4. pc crash when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crash when playing game: hi, I’m here because I need some help.I have a new PC, but I have a problem with it.If I launch a game, i can play like 20 m and it crash, then it launch the BIOS and I can’t leave the BIOS without forcing the PC to stop It relaunch the BIOS everytime I leave it.I tried to...
  5. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  6. Freeze then crash when playing games...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze then crash when playing games...: Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod). Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms Most recently it just shut...
  7. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games: So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would...
  8. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  9. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Support
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  10. Computer Crashes when playing games

Computer Crashes when playing games: Hello, my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft. When it first happen I check the temperature of my GTX 780 graphic card and it was overheating at 90 degrees (surprised) so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature...