Windows 10: Games crash reliably after a few seconds with "nvlddmkm" error in event log, if FPS...

Discus and support Games crash reliably after a few seconds with "nvlddmkm" error in event log, if FPS... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there, I´ve been trying to fix this issue for a few months now without any success. If Fps arent locked, all tested games crash after just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kletter, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Kletter Win User

Games crash reliably after a few seconds with "nvlddmkm" error in event log, if FPS...

Hello there,

I´ve been trying to fix this issue for a few months now without any success.

If Fps arent locked, all tested games crash after just a few seconds or a minute at max. Witcher 3, Doom Eternal, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ark Survival Evolved, Shodow of War

My Setup:

i7-4790k

Evga 1080ti

Msi b85-p33

16gb ram

850W PSU

1tb samsung ssd

Its always the same issue in the event log. "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has been recovered". The Reliability Log always Shows a Hardware Error:

Problemereignisame: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffff8205cbee4010

Parameter 2: fffff8034fbfa0d8

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 1868

Betriebssystemversion: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Produkt: 768_1

Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Sorry its in German, but should make sense to everyone hwo knows something about what im asking.

So far I´ve checked the ram, the temperatur of cpu, gpu, The Drive and run all kind of benchmarks and stress tests without encountering problems or chrashes.

Ive clean installed the Display drivers several times using DDU and reinstalled them and also tried older drivers, updated mainboard drivers, updated Cpu drivers Intel, tried underclocking GPU

Ive clean installed Windows, tried adding a delay in the registy, and changed CPU from a i5-4670k to the i7-4790k

As said before the Problem DOESN´T appear when the frames are limited in a way where there isnt a 100% GPU usage. But FurMark runs fine at higher Temps than the Games ever do.

I really dont know what to do about this anymore so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Kletter, Sep 21, 2020
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

3. Adityar Win User
    nvlddmkm error in event log

I have problem
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event log
    Try update nvidia driver but the problem still continue 388.00- 388.13-388.31
    How to fix the problem?
    whether this can be caused by ram?
    I installed 3 ram Samsung
    2x 8GB M471A1K43BB1-CRC
    1z 16Gb M471A2K43BB1-CRC

imgur.com

I did not experience bsod / bluescreen. but event log always shows error

Adityar, Sep 21, 2020
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Games crash reliably after a few seconds with "nvlddmkm" error in event log, if FPS...

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

It's the only game where I get the "rendering thread exception - fatal error" then game crashes. In another MMO sometimes my screen would freeze for 2-3 seconds, then go black for another 2-3 seconds, then resume normal (but huge FPS drop for a few seconds before it recovers). I assume that means the driver crashed and recovered? But game doesn't crash. I don't play many games though, besides Outlast 2 I just have 1 MMO and Outlast 1 installed. No problems with Outlast 1, I'm guessing it's because it's much lower stress on GPU.

And yeah already verified files. I even re-installed it.

Thema:

1. Games crash reliably after a few seconds with "nvlddmkm" error in event log, if FPS... - Similar Threads - Games crash reliably

2. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  3. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  4. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  5. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  6. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

7. Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing: Dear Community,I dont know if this is really the right place to ask but i am out of words with the Error crash. Ive tried memory dumping / stress testing / going to a restore point / using the memory tester from microsoft / reinstalling gpu drivers and using older versions....
  8. Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing

Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing: Dear Community,I dont know if this is really the right place to ask but i am out of words with the Error crash. Ive tried memory dumping / stress testing / going to a restore point / using the memory tester from microsoft / reinstalling gpu drivers and using older versions....
  9. nvlddmkm error in event log

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nvlddmkm error in event log: I have problem Getting nvlddmkm error in event log Try update nvidia driver but the problem still continue 388.00- 388.13-388.31 How to fix the problem? whether this can be caused by ram? I installed 3 ram Samsung 2x 8GB M471A1K43BB1-CRC 1z 16Gb M471A2K43BB1-CRC...
  10. Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing: Hi, I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not...