Windows 10: Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.

Discus and support Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have recently played a lot of Apex Legends throughout the past 2 weeks and a couple of days ago my friend on discord made a very loud and weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cheat0o, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Cheat0o Win User

Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.

So I have recently played a lot of Apex Legends throughout the past 2 weeks and a couple of days ago my friend on discord made a very loud and weird crackling noise which made my game drop frames and my audio lag. Since that happened I couldn't play Apex Legends because it would just start having serious fps drops and my Audio would start to lag with my frames. Other games like these are also affected: Geometry Dash and Muck. All three games I've played on steam and one game that I actually managed to somehow fix but not completely because the issue still occurs sometimes is Geometry Dash. At

:)

Cheat0o, Aug 25, 2021

2. FPS drop or Game lagging in April Update.

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I got my Windows 10 updated to April 1803 version. Everything seemed to work fine until I launched Assasssin's Creed III . On the previous windows 10 version it worked perfectly without any FPS drop or not even a single lagging while playing.
    But now my game lags sometimes and at times it's becoming horrible experience with the lagging.

So, any possible solution? I've already disabled the Game capture and Game DVR from settings, but they are not helping much.

Should I roll back to previous update? Or Microsoft is going to help by releasing a patch ?

My laptop is Asus X556UQ with NVidia 940 MX( latest driver installed)

MD.FAKHRUDDIN GAZZALI FAHIM, Aug 25, 2021
  3. PC performace and random FPS Drops and LAG

My PC has been doing this weird thing.... it keeps on having random FPS drops, I usually run at 60 FPS on Fortnite and higher, now every 5 or 3 minutes my game stops and slows down to 30 or 20 FPS and lags,, then goes back to normal and this happens constantly
    please help I'm desperate...

JoeyShewchuk, Aug 25, 2021
  4. NickA95 Win User

Insane FPS drops and lag while gaming

I have had the problem from a fresh install of windows so i haven't made many changes before it started.

All drivers updated and all windows updates installed when they come out.

And i launch a game and nothing else, I'll use the game terraria. I launch terraria with nothing else running and after about 20 minutes the problem creeps its ugly head up. I will lag every so often and it last maybe for 4-12 seconds. Sometimes is does
    it twice consecutively. I recently started playing Rust again and in a game like this where gun fights can occur at anytime it really gets irritating. I used a program to record my FPS while in game and i will have maybe 90 fps then a sudden drop to 3-8 fps.

I tried all the methods you suggested above several times in the past and i redid them again. Same problem.

I have also made some changes to my system after trying to solve this problem but to no avail. I disabled prefetch and superfetch as i have read on this community that for a gaming computer this isn't needed. That's all i have really done except for scanning
    my computer for viruses, malware and rootkits.

Any idea what next?

NickA95, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops. - Similar Threads - Games Crashing serious

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  7. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  8. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  9. lag and fps drop in games

lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  10. lags und fps drops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lags und fps drops: ich habe seit 1 172 jahren einen neuen pc. Und seit den letzten updates lagt es nur noch und ich hab in games statt 180 fps nur noch 60 wie kann das sein? das ist schon mein zweiter pc bei dem das der fall ist. habe alles probiert habe sogar in games die grafik runter...