Windows 10: Games crashing and computer restarting

Discus and support Games crashing and computer restarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by owenflocks, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Games crashing and computer restarting

Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it says "Faultering module name: ntdll.dll" and when my pc restarts it says it was due to a bug check. I reset my pc and reinstalled windows which solved my issues for maybe a little less than a day but it has started happening again. I'd be willing to provide any extra information needed and any help is appreciated. Below I'v

:)

owenflocks, Dec 4, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Games crashing and computer restarting

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Games crashing and computer restarting

1. Games crashing and computer restarting - Similar Threads - Games crashing computer

2. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  3. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  4. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and computer restarting: Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it...
  5. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and computer restarting: Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it...
  6. Games crashing and computer restarting

7. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Games crashing and computer restarting

9. Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.

Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.: Just bought a Gaming Pc this month but after 30 minutes - 1 hour of playing a game, the computer crashes and restarts.I have installed up to date drivers for Geforce GTX Super 1660, as well as replacing what I thought might be a faulty Power supply unit. I also purchased an...
  10. Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.

Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.: Just bought a Gaming Pc this month but after 30 minutes - 1 hour of playing a game, the computer crashes and restarts.I have installed up to date drivers for Geforce GTX Super 1660, as well as replacing what I thought might be a faulty Power supply unit. I also purchased an...