Windows 10: Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card

Discus and support Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I normally game on steam client. After I've installed 2080ti to my system, I've experienced random crashes even without OC settings. Dota 2 would hang... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alfred_Ho, May 23, 2019.

1. Alfred_Ho Win User

Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card

I normally game on steam client. After I've installed 2080ti to my system, I've experienced random crashes even without OC settings.

Dota 2 would hang and freeze.

NBA 2k19 would crash to desktop without any error messages.

Path of exile would display error messages related to direct x.

But in all of the above cases, my other applications running are still functioning, it's just the game I'm playing suddenly not working.

I've used DDU and reinstalled the latest graphics driver.

This is the message I got when my nba 2k crashed

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 141

P2: ffffd2034dba8050

P3: fffff8004635694c

P4: 0

P5: 3530

P6: 10_0_17763

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190523-1114.dmp

\\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-143125-0.sysdata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3A6F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3A70.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3A6F.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3A8F.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_141_af1f13d06538713b25f41d7bd7c11180efe4a3b2_00000000_3ca23a8e

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: d2950e64-8b0c-478a-8c01-d9f8a1546b85

Report Status: 4

Hashed bucket:

Cab Guid: 0

:)

Alfred_Ho, May 23, 2019

2. Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, May 23, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 23, 2019
  4. Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card

Issues with new Graphics Card install

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists or not.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on
      • Run this the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
      • Select Compatibility tab.
      • Place a check mark next to program in Compatibility mode and select previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
      • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card

1. Games crashing and exit to desktop after installing new graphics card - Similar Threads - Games crashing exit

2. My game keeps on crashes after I installed a new graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game keeps on crashes after I installed a new graphics card.: I installed a new AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card into my computer and every time I launch a game it crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-keeps-on-crashes-after-i-installed-a-new/4ba0527b-7b58-4e59-bbbf-6492ae5403d2
  3. My game keeps on crashes after I installed a new graphics card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My game keeps on crashes after I installed a new graphics card.: I installed a new AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card into my computer and every time I launch a game it crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-keeps-on-crashes-after-i-installed-a-new/4ba0527b-7b58-4e59-bbbf-6492ae5403d2
  4. My game keeps on crashes after I installed a new graphics card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  6. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  7. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

8. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  9. Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 3070. Ever since I got the new card, my PC keeps crashing constantly at random intervals with BSOD. I've included my dumps below. Would appreciate any help. System: CPU Intel Core i7 6700K Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI Plus RAM...
  10. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after installing graphics card games crash

2. games exit to desktop after installation

3. linux to windows graphics card crash