Windows 10: Games crashing due to graphics driver?

Discus and support Games crashing due to graphics driver? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys,I got a new PC a few months ago and since then my games almost every time I start them crash until I rebooted my pc. Rebooting always fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JannisAnthes, May 1, 2021.

1. Games crashing due to graphics driver?

Hey guys,I got a new PC a few months ago and since then my games almost every time I start them crash until I rebooted my pc. Rebooting always fixed the problem until I started the pc again. Because some games were relating to an graphics driver crash I always thought that this driver was the reason of crashing, but installing Windows new and using older drivers didn't work either. Today I launched a new game and I think I might have found the reason for the problem because I got an error log. d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module d3d11.dll at 0023:6de94f0

:)

JannisAnthes, May 1, 2021

2. Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, May 1, 2021
  3. Computer crashes when trying to game

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while game get crashed?

2) Is the issue confined to War games only?

This issue might occur, if graphics driver is not updated properly.

I would suggest you to update your graphics driver and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 1, 2021
  4. Games crashing due to graphics driver?

Graphics Driver Crash on Fullscreen after Windows 10 Update

Hi Noah,

I appreciate your effort to resolve the issue with driver. I will certainly help you.

The issue might occur due to incompatibility of drivers.

I suggest you to run the Programs compatibility troubleshooter. It
    runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Kindly follow the steps to run the compatibility troubleshooter:

• Go to Control Panel and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on programs.

• Select Programs compatibility Troubleshooter
      and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist kindly go to the below link and click on
    Auto Detect on GPU. It will automatically detect the latest updated graphic driver.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

You can also try rolling back the graphic driver.

Kindly follow the steps to roll back the driver:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Click on the Display driver to expand, right click on the device/ graphic driver and click on Properties.

• Now click on Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button.
    Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank You

Jahnabi Das, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Games crashing due to graphics driver?

1. Games crashing due to graphics driver? - Similar Threads - Games crashing due

2. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  3. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  4. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  6. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  7. When I play games they crash to desktop due to graphic driver issues despite having the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play games they crash to desktop due to graphic driver issues despite having the...: My games keep telling me to update my driver and crashing to desktop despite having all the drivers updated. I've reinstalled the drivers, updated Windows, used ddu, reinstalled windows. I've done everything I can think of. For overwatch it says rendering device lostfor Val...
  8. When I play games they crash to desktop due to graphic driver issues despite having the...

When I play games they crash to desktop due to graphic driver issues despite having the...: My games keep telling me to update my driver and crashing to desktop despite having all the drivers updated. I've reinstalled the drivers, updated Windows, used ddu, reinstalled windows. I've done everything I can think of. For overwatch it says rendering device lostfor Val...
  9. Graphic Driver Crashing While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Crashing While Playing Games: I was playing Valorant since 2 weeks but after I updated windows to Latest version via Windows Media Creation tool Valorant isnt working... Whenever i try to play game it says Graphic Driver Crashed... I have latest Drivers, DirectX as well as Windows Version...I tried...
  10. Graphics Driver crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver crash: I just updated to Windows 10. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT610 . i updated to the latest version of the driver also(356.63). But randomly my screen goes blank and after a second or two it becomes normal a notification comes saying Graphics driver not responding and...