Windows 10: Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

Discus and support Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My dota2, COD always crashes at start of the game. And i have to force restarts or it will blank screen and auto restart on its own. Hardly happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ATCKAY, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ATCKAY Win User

Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

My dota2, COD always crashes at start of the game. And i have to force restarts or it will blank screen and auto restart on its own. Hardly happens again after.

Only once or twice during COD it might crash again. Crash = Blank screen, auto/force restart. Only two BSOD in two months.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/6008-error-computer-keeps-crashing-blank-screen/937593a4-b889-4a21-86a7-e39f739c5b46?tm=1599715030279

There is no other minidump other than the DX ones i uploaded on the link above.

Is it a PSU issue?

I did a clean installation for my GPU drivers 500times.

I have did memtest for RAM.

SFC Scannow.

Cleaned my fans from dust.

Pushed in every single wire i have inside my computer.

Every part of my computer is only about a year old.

MSI B450,

Graphics MSI RTX 2060 6GB OC, TX M series 650W PSU 80plus gold,

Microsoft 10, AMD Ryzen 5 2600X AM4 4.25GHZ,
    Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB 3.5" Barracuda 7200rpm Sata drive 6GPS

I am thinking of reformatting my entire computer but i am unsure if it is a hardware or software issue.

Please help me.

:)

ATCKAY, Sep 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Sep 16, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

Windows 10 games crashing

Thank you for keeping us updated. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we recommend that you start your computer to normal mode to disable the unnecessary apps running in the background while you are playing. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.  
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.  
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.  
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.  

Once done, run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

If the issue persists, you may perform the suggested solutions provided on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

1. Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer - Similar Threads - Games crashing Force

2. Computer Crashing then force restarting looking for answers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing then force restarting looking for answers!: As mentioned above my computer will randomly seize up. Then force restart itself. I cannot figure out why and am looking for assistance!13: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Computer Crashing then force restarting looking for answers!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing then force restarting looking for answers!: As mentioned above my computer will randomly seize up. Then force restart itself. I cannot figure out why and am looking for assistance!13: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Computer Crashing then force restarting looking for answers!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and computer restarting: Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it...
  6. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and computer restarting: Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing crashes in all the games I play. Since a few days ago my computer has just started to randomly restart itself while playing games only with no BSOD. I decided to check the event viewer and I saw that when my game crashes, it...
  7. Games crashing and computer restarting

8. Games crashing and computer restarting

9. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Games crashing and computer restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware