Windows 10: Games crashing on windows 10

Discus and support Games crashing on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; During spring break I decided to play some games for the first time in a while but found that all the games on my computer crash within 2-10 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob_Jacob, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Games crashing on windows 10

During spring break I decided to play some games for the first time in a while but found that all the games on my computer crash within 2-10 minutes of playing them, there is no error message of any kind it just suddenly stops. This happens with games on steam, origin and independently installed. I've wasted all day trying to fix this, I've run hardware diagnostics on memory, GPU, CPU as well as stress tests and no problems were found. I updated all drivers, uninstalled them and reinstalled them. Tried running with sound card disabled and many other common fixes with no results. I even created a separate partition and did a clean install of windows with just a single game on it and it still had the same problem! I've also tried uninstalling recent updates but it will not allow them to be uninstalled.
    I am completely stumped. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

The system is a Dell G3 3579 running windows 10 home version 1909

:)

Jacob_Jacob, Mar 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Angela Pun, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Games crashing on windows 10

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Games crashing on windows 10

1. Games crashing on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Games crashing

2. Games crash my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash my PC: Hello, when i play games on my PC, it is normal for 20-30 mins, then my pc screen freezes, it stays like that for about 3 minutes. During those 3 minutes, the first 10 seconds i can press any key, then the system freezes. After 3 minutes, my screen goes black but the...
  3. Games crash my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crash my PC: Hello, when i play games on my PC, it is normal for 20-30 mins, then my pc screen freezes, it stays like that for about 3 minutes. During those 3 minutes, the first 10 seconds i can press any key, then the system freezes. After 3 minutes, my screen goes black but the...
  4. CANT PLAY A SINGLE GAME WITHOUT PC CRASHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT PLAY A SINGLE GAME WITHOUT PC CRASHING: Hello my name is Elijah, not long ago I was able to play just about any game on my PC just fine, I most defiantly don’t have the best PC in the world but it does the job. So basically here is my problem everytime I go to load up literally any game I can usually get in and...
  5. CANT PLAY A SINGLE GAME WITHOUT PC CRASHING

CANT PLAY A SINGLE GAME WITHOUT PC CRASHING: Hello my name is Elijah, not long ago I was able to play just about any game on my PC just fine, I most defiantly don’t have the best PC in the world but it does the job. So basically here is my problem everytime I go to load up literally any game I can usually get in and...
  6. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  7. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  8. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  9. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  10. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware