Windows 10: Games crashing regularly

Discus and support Games crashing regularly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently built a new PC using some parts from an old PC and some new parts. Since I built this PC I've ran into numerous issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeBunce, Oct 30, 2019.

1. LukeBunce Win User

Games crashing regularly

Hi everyone.

I recently built a new PC using some parts from an old PC and some new parts. Since I built this PC I've ran into numerous issues with games like Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds which both crash randomly, sometimes to desktop and sometimes the whole screen goes black. My first thought is an issue with the GPU but before I send it back I would like to confirm if this is the case and that it isn't the CPU/RAM or anything else.

I have already tried a couple of things to resolve this. I uninstalled the GPU driver, ran a DDU to remove it fully and then installed the latest one. I have also tried completely resetting Windows 10 in the hopes that one of these would solve my issue and I still get the crashes.

If someone would be able to assist me in understanding this, and identifying which hardware has failed, I would greatly appreciate it.

Using the reliability history app after my most recent crash I got the following information.

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎30/‎10/‎2019 21:11

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffff86037177f010

Parameter 2: fffff8002086077c

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 254

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Specs of the PC are as follows.

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbone WiFi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x (Water cooled using Corsair H115i Pro)

GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB 3333 MHz

PSU: EVGA 850W GQ

Windows 10 and the games are installed on an NVMe drive.

:)

LukeBunce, Oct 30, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 30, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Games crashing regularly

Angela Pun, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Games crashing regularly

1. Games crashing regularly - Similar Threads - Games crashing regularly

2. regular crashes while gaming, event code 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regular crashes while gaming, event code 41: specs: 5600x; asus b550 f gaming; 3070ti; 16gb ram; 850x corsair psu.I am experiencing system crashes and restarts after a couple hours of gaming. This can happen with any resource intensive game, but even with team fortress 2.it's always kernel-power, event id...
  3. Regular game crashes, not hardware related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular game crashes, not hardware related: Hi all,I've recently bought a new computer and have been encountering game crashes ever since.I've tried numerous hardware related things which all did not help.As far as I'm concerned the problems started occurring after the KB5027538 .NET Framework Update, could have...
  4. Regular game crashes, not hardware related

Regular game crashes, not hardware related: Hi all,I've recently bought a new computer and have been encountering game crashes ever since.I've tried numerous hardware related things which all did not help.As far as I'm concerned the problems started occurring after the KB5027538 .NET Framework Update, could have...
  5. Regular game crashes, not hardware related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games: Been having regular blue screen errors and games not responding/crashing for a couple years now.I have formatted my computer from USB 3 times and erased partitions, but it never fixes any issues, and the only advice I tend to get is that it is a driver issue, leading me to...
  7. Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games

Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games: Been having regular blue screen errors and games not responding/crashing for a couple years now.I have formatted my computer from USB 3 times and erased partitions, but it never fixes any issues, and the only advice I tend to get is that it is a driver issue, leading me to...
  8. Regular BSOD and not responding/crashing games

9. Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so firstly I'd like to thank you in advance and please excuse my ineptitude! I've trawled through hundreds of forums and web pages and typically most of what I have come across is not exactly what my issues are here and now....so I'm reaching...
  10. Regular crashes when gaming

Regular crashes when gaming: Hi all! I've been happily gaming on a custom-built system for quite a while now. About a month ago, I replaced the video card with a MSI GeForce 970GTX, and all was well for about a month. As of today, though, the system has been hard-crashing after just a few minutes of game...