Windows 10: Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe

Discus and support Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have been facing this issue where many of my games were crashing while playing, and file manager pops up showing several windows for all HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GausSaraf, Mar 29, 2023.

1. GausSaraf Win User

Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe

Hello,I have been facing this issue where many of my games were crashing while playing, and file manager pops up showing several windows for all HDD drive partitions. I assumed it was because of some file corruption so I tried "repairing" them through their platforms. Although, to no improvement.Similar cases were happing for Valorant, Genshin Impact, Dota 2, Zero Hour I listed them because I played them recently. And I noticed that I had "gameplay clipping" turned on by NVIDIA or Xbox game bar. Especially, the "overlay" that they both use. So I tried disabling them while playing. But it did

:)

GausSaraf, Mar 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 29, 2023
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe

Online gaming problem; steam dota2

Hi manojpheiroijam,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why your game crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I highly suggest that you contact Steam Support for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe

1. Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe - Similar Threads - Games crashing valorant

2. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  3. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  4. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  5. Steam Games Crashing

Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  6. Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing valorant & steam games after windows reset without user data wipe: Hello,I have been facing this issue where many of my games were crashing while playing, and file manager pops up showing several windows for all HDD drive partitions. I assumed it was because of some file corruption so I tried "repairing" them through their platforms....
  7. My Valorant Game Crashes After Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Valorant Game Crashes After Windows 11: Hello,I want to say that I was playing valorant on Windows 10 for months and it was running smoothly Until i got notification about windows 11so I updated my windows but after installing Windows 11 my valorant keep crashing no matter what I do it still keeps crashing I played...
  8. My Valorant Game Crashes After Windows 11

My Valorant Game Crashes After Windows 11: Hello,I want to say that I was playing valorant on Windows 10 for months and it was running smoothly Until i got notification about windows 11so I updated my windows but after installing Windows 11 my valorant keep crashing no matter what I do it still keeps crashing I played...
  9. Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam: Good evening,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have since been having problems with my system crashing and restarting while playing games. This only seems to be an issue while I'm using Steam; other programs like GOG and Epic don't have any issues.I've tried reinstalling...
  10. Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam

Computer crashing and resetting while gaming on Steam: Good evening,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have since been having problems with my system crashing and restarting while playing games. This only seems to be an issue while I'm using Steam; other programs like GOG and Epic don't have any issues.I've tried reinstalling...