Windows 10: Games crashing without error

Discus and support Games crashing without error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Not really sure where to start, but basically games run fine, all of a sudden they freeze for a second and crash without any error message. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by atsikan, Dec 18, 2019.

1. atsikan Win User

Games crashing without error

Hello

Not really sure where to start, but basically games run fine, all of a sudden they freeze for a second and crash without any error message. At first I thought it was an unstable overclock, but turning settings back to stock left me with same results. Then I thought it was outdated drivers, but after updating all the drivers and all the Windows updates I was still left with same results. I've also tried running Grand Theft Auto V (as sort of a test game) on 2 different hard drives and one nvme ssd with all of them having fresh install of Windows 10 pro(not activated, although as far as my knowledge goes, it shouldn't affect the issue but I could be wrong) only to run into same crash without any error message. PC specs: amd ryzen 5 1600 cpu, gigabyte rx 580 8gb gpu, 16gb 3200mhz ram.

I am seriously running out of ideas what to test, besides actually buying new pc parts, because everything so far has resulted in as a fail, but I wouldn't even know what new parts to buy, because games themselves run over 60fps.

Also forgive me if it's under wrong section, as I didn't really know under what category would this belong to.

Also another edit is, that for some reason I often get different blue screens of death and none of this has happened until a few weeks to a month ago.

:)

atsikan, Dec 18, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 18, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Games crashing without error

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Games crashing without error

1. Games crashing without error - Similar Threads - Games crashing without

2. Games crashing to desktop without errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing to desktop without errors: Hello,I have been having random crashes to desktop after playing certain games on Windows 11. The games just crash without showing me any errors. My system is as follows: Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-13700K, 3400 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors MB Asus PRIME...
  3. Games crashing to desktop without errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing to desktop without errors: Hello,I have been having random crashes to desktop after playing certain games on Windows 11. The games just crash without showing me any errors. My system is as follows: Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-13700K, 3400 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors MB Asus PRIME...
  4. Games keep crashing without any errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing without any errors: Whenever I try playing some games, they keep crashing, first it was Lost Ark which had no issues for the days before, and now it's Elden ring.Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x620fbd9aFaulting module name: eldenring.exe, version:...
  5. Games keep crashing without any errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep crashing without any errors: Whenever I try playing some games, they keep crashing, first it was Lost Ark which had no issues for the days before, and now it's Elden ring.Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x620fbd9aFaulting module name: eldenring.exe, version:...
  6. Games keep crashing without any errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Nuclear Throne game crashes without an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuclear Throne game crashes without an error message: kind of related to the last post i did but so far absolutely nobody has been able to help me with this issue. I want to play this game so bad but yet i can't even without crashing. "My game, nuclear throne keeps freezing in the middle of gameplay without an error message....
  8. Game Crash To Desktop Without Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Crash To Desktop Without Error: I recently find my games crashing straight to the desktop. After running the game about 10-15 mins, the game just suddenly closed without giving me any error message. I never experiencing this kind of issue before. . I have tried to fix this problem by update my graphics...
  9. Game crash without error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game crash without error: I recently find my games crashing straight to the desktop. After running the game about 10-15 mins, the game just suddenly closed without giving me any error message. I never experiencing this kind of issue before. But this seems to be happened after the most recent update...
  10. Game crashes without any error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes without any error.: Bought The Witcher 3 finally. Been playing then the crash occurs. There's no error. Game just freezes but the audio still goes and responds to inputs. When I press escape or alt tab, I go straight to desktop and the game just closes. Happening frequently now. Went to event...