Windows 10: Games crashing

Discus and support Games crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Problem Hello everyone, ive been dealing with a persisting issue where all of my steam and origin games will totally freeze up, go unresponsive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffreyOC3, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Games crashing

The Problem
    Hello everyone, ive been dealing with a persisting issue where all of my steam and origin games will totally freeze up, go unresponsive, and then crash to desktop, It usually happens when I get into a match, at loading screens, or at any other point in game, it even kicked me out of a multiplayer match then crashed. Ive made sure that everything is up to date, I dont think its anything hardware related since I was able to run aida64 for a few hours with no errors, the same with memtest. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Specs

CPU- Ryzen 5 3600

GPU- MSI GTX 1660TI

PSU- Corsair Rm650x

SSD- Samsung 860 evo 500g

MOBO- Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

RAM- Corsair vengeance lpx, 3000mhz

What Ive tried:

Reinstalling windows

Reinstalling Drivers

Clearing CMOS

Running SFC and CHKDSK

Memtest86 and Stress Testing (No errors)

Updating BIOS

Updating Windows

Reinstalling games and Steam/Orgin

:)

JeffreyOC3, Oct 28, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 28, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Games crashing

Angela Pun, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Games crashing

1. Games crashing - Similar Threads - Games crashing

2. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  3. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  4. My games keep crashing on my gaming PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing on my gaming PC: I have a Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660S, 16Gb RAM, 4Tb HDD where it is installed. For some reason my game keeps crashing. At first I thought maybe my computer was getting too hot so I use an air canister to clean it out and my GPU temperature stabilizes at 70C so I don't think it's...
  5. My games keep crashing on my gaming PC

My games keep crashing on my gaming PC: I have a Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660S, 16Gb RAM, 4Tb HDD where it is installed. For some reason my game keeps crashing. At first I thought maybe my computer was getting too hot so I use an air canister to clean it out and my GPU temperature stabilizes at 70C so I don't think it's...
  6. Help! My new PC is crashing when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My new PC is crashing when gaming.: I built this PC 3 months ago and have tried everything to fix it. It will be running a game fine then the screen goes black or green no text and tries to reboot it does but not have video output. I have to power off then on to alleviate this. I have EXPO off no OC at all. I...
  7. Help! My new PC is crashing when gaming.

Help! My new PC is crashing when gaming.: I built this PC 3 months ago and have tried everything to fix it. It will be running a game fine then the screen goes black or green no text and tries to reboot it does but not have video output. I have to power off then on to alleviate this. I have EXPO off no OC at all. I...
  8. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  9. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  10. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...