Windows 10: Games crashing

Discus and support Games crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my games have been crashing after a couple minutes of play, often showing an error message regarding lack of video memory. I have a rtx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacob Wornham-Jones, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Games crashing

Hi,

Recently my games have been crashing after a couple minutes of play, often showing an error message regarding lack of video memory. I have a rtx 2070 graphics card, 16gb ram and an intel i7-8700k, and my pc was until recently able to run any game on full graphics at 100-144 fps. This problem came suddenly and without explanation, and i have upgraded my drivers to no avail. I am currently only able to run games that are less demanding such as CS:GO and Dead By Daylight, but games such as Titanfall 2 and Mirror’s Edge Catalyst crash almost as soon as i get into the game.

Thanks for the help,

Jacob.

:)

Jacob Wornham-Jones, Jun 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Games crashing

Angela Pun, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Games crashing

1. Games crashing - Similar Threads - Games crashing

2. Windows 11 PC crashing on almost all games, not always on start up but eventually they all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC crashing on almost all games, not always on start up but eventually they all...: all games are crashing by bringing me to desktop or hard crashing and causing PC to have buzzing noise and restarting. PC SpecsWin 11Intel i9-14900K32 GB RamMSI 3080I have used DDU and removed the drivers and reinstalled them. I've verified the game files and when that didn't...
  3. Windows 11 PC crashing on almost all games, not always on start up but eventually they all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC crashing on almost all games, not always on start up but eventually they all...: all games are crashing by bringing me to desktop or hard crashing and causing PC to have buzzing noise and restarting. PC SpecsWin 11Intel i9-14900K32 GB RamMSI 3080I have used DDU and removed the drivers and reinstalled them. I've verified the game files and when that didn't...
  4. Games crashing on Windows 11 but not immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing on Windows 11 but not immediately: Hi,Recently upgraded my PC to windows 11. Did a clean reinstall after upgrading and fully wiped the C: drive in the process, when using the PC for non-gaming stuff it appears to be happy. No BSODs, no random restarts or anything, but when playing games for an extended period...
  5. Games crashing on Windows 11 but not immediately

Games crashing on Windows 11 but not immediately: Hi,Recently upgraded my PC to windows 11. Did a clean reinstall after upgrading and fully wiped the C: drive in the process, when using the PC for non-gaming stuff it appears to be happy. No BSODs, no random restarts or anything, but when playing games for an extended period...
  6. Gaming PC crashes no warning black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC crashes no warning black screen: Hello, So my pc when playing a game like battlefield 2042 for example it is every time but occasionally my pc will crash without any warning. Monitors will go black and into stand by but my pc is still on and the only way to get it to shut off is by switching off the PSU....
  7. Gaming PC crashes no warning black screen

Gaming PC crashes no warning black screen: Hello, So my pc when playing a game like battlefield 2042 for example it is every time but occasionally my pc will crash without any warning. Monitors will go black and into stand by but my pc is still on and the only way to get it to shut off is by switching off the PSU....
  8. Hi, Ive been struggling consistently with crashes during and after gaming. Not sure what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, Ive been struggling consistently with crashes during and after gaming. Not sure what...: Basically I've been dealing with this since the start of the year. My games will freeze then my computer will shut down and reboot or stay in this state in between where my screen is black but the computer is on so I have to force shut down. It doesn't always happen but it...
  9. Hi, Ive been struggling consistently with crashes during and after gaming. Not sure what...

Hi, Ive been struggling consistently with crashes during and after gaming. Not sure what...: Basically I've been dealing with this since the start of the year. My games will freeze then my computer will shut down and reboot or stay in this state in between where my screen is black but the computer is on so I have to force shut down. It doesn't always happen but it...
  10. Built a new pc. Games keep crashing.

Built a new pc. Games keep crashing.: Recently I built my first pc, and when I try to play games, they keep crashing and occasionally getting a BSOD. I’ve tried a million things, new motherboard, new ram, trying a different GPU, uninstalling drivers and trying older ones, changing PCIe port to GEN 3, windows 10...