Windows 10: Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help

Discus and support Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i turn my computer ON today to find out that the icons of some games i have are missing. I thought nothing of it but later i saw the problem. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimeonPetrov_2, May 17, 2020.

1. Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help

So i turn my computer ON today to find out that the icons of some games i have are missing. I thought nothing of it but later i saw the problem.

The games that have no icon are: PUBG lite, Overwatch, Overwatch Public testing, Call of Duty WW2, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight. I wanted to play The second batman game. I got it for free on the 80th anniversary on the EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER. I found out that I have to install the game. Now i have alreadyinstalled and played the game for a long time. And got weirded out. Especially by the fact that i have to install it again even though i have thesame amount of storage left on my LOCAL DISK C. That is weird. But this game has had disappearing icons before. But keep in mind thatOverwatch, Call of Duty and PUBG are not made by epic games but their icons have the same problem. The two BATMAN games and Call of Duty have a text document icon and PUBG, OVERWATCH have a blank rectangular icon with another blue rectangle inside.

Someone help Please.

Thank you for reading.

:)

SimeonPetrov_2, May 17, 2020

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, May 17, 2020
  3. Game won't uninstall

Hi Z3N1X,

In order to address your concern about uninstalling your game, you may consider the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Try clicking this
    link
    in order to access hidden auto starting images that have been added to your system. This will also help you delete an auto-start configuration entry with the use of its menu item or toolbar button.

Once you were able to delete that program, try checking in the services view if it is indeed deleted. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appear, type services.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if the program can still be found.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 17, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help

1. Games deleting / uninstalling themselves. IM ON PC. Help - Similar Threads - Games deleting uninstalling

2. Game bar and console companion delete themselves from my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar and console companion delete themselves from my pc: I have had this problem for over a year now, tried many solutions, contacted customer support many times and nobody has fixed my issue. Microsoft have been extremely unhelpful with this and I have not been able to get in contact with them on a call or live chat as they seem...
  3. Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Console Companion delete themselves from my pc.

Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Console Companion delete themselves from my pc.: I have had this problem for over a year, and tried tons of solutions, nothing working. I even took my pc to a shop and they couldn't fix it, and said that they will make a new update to fix this issue. That was around 6 months ago, still no update to fix it. Has anyone else...
  4. Programs uninstalling themselves?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs uninstalling themselves?: I think something is causing my computer to uninstall programs. I've done nothing to them, but well, I hopped onto my computer and found the following:The scrivener and scenarist programs - I used them just the other day, and now they cant find the file when i click it. I...
  5. HELP : All Installed Software Uninstalled Themselves

HELP : All Installed Software Uninstalled Themselves: Apologies if this isn't in the right place. In the midst of sorting an issue with one specific program, all of my installed programs uninstalled themselves. My system restore points all disappeared before the issue too so I am unable to restore back. Is there any fix at all...
  6. Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?: My friend has gamepass and is having issues with the program and he wants to uninstall it and reinstall it but is afraid his games will get deleted....
  7. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  8. Games installing themselves error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games installing themselves error: I recently uninstalled The Outer Worlds and Gears 5 as I've no interest in playing them anymore. Every time I turn on my PC now I get a message saying they've started installing and then an error saying they can't install. I've been unable to find the cause of this as when I...
  9. .Zip files automatically deleting themselves.

in Windows 10 Support
    .Zip files automatically deleting themselves.: I was downloading a game in .zip files (Balls? by dani). And the files would half the time say "failed Download Error" and the other would finish. About 2 seconds after it finishes it automatically deletes itself. No trace at all. I don't know what details to add to make the...
  10. Games keeps minimizing by themselves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games keeps minimizing by themselves: Recently I keep having this annoying problem, that all games keep randomly minimizing themselves as if I pressed alt-tab and since some of them can't be minimized without freezing, it is very annoying. My best guess is that some notification keeps poping up for a fraction of...