Windows 10: Games doesnt work

Discus and support Games doesnt work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have this problem, when I open any game its all okay but when I get to the main menu of the game it just freezes then black screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MantasLuk, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MantasLuk Win User

Games doesnt work

Hello I have this problem, when I open any game its all okay but when I get to the main menu of the game it just freezes then black screen and minimizes to desktop, I can still hear game sounds. If I click on the game icon nothing happens. This thing started out of nowhere... in the middle of the game my PC randomly restarted and when I tried to go back in to the game this problem happened. I tried a lot of fixes: driver updates, verifying integrity of game files, even did a full Windows reinstalling and etc. But nothing helped...

:)

MantasLuk, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Age Of Empire: Castle Siege doesnt work after Upgrading to Windows10

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

How exactly did you tried to remove the game?

I suggest you to try the steps below to check if the game is present or not.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Command Promp (Admin).
    • Type powershell and hit enter.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage.
    • It will show the list of all the apps that are present.

If you see the name of the game in the list, I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the game.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Command Promp (Admin).
    • Type powershell and hit enter.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *name of the game as displayed in the list *|Remove-AppxPackage. (Example if you are removing Microsoft 3D Builder app the command will be
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.3DBuilder *|Remove-AppxPackage)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Games doesnt work

a game doesnt show that i bought it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find a game purchased from Microsoft Store. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, we would like to know the place of purchase of the game.

As you have mentioned that you have purchased the game logged in to your Microsoft account, I would suggest you to make sure that you are signed in with the same Microsoft account in Microsoft Store.

To login to Microsoft Store, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. Click on the Profile icon on the top left corner, click on the account and select
      Sign Out.
    3. Now, click on the Profile icon and select
      Sign in.
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft Account through which you purchased the game.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Games doesnt work

1. Games doesnt work - Similar Threads - Games doesnt

2. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  3. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  4. snip tool for screenshot n print screen button doesnt work in games, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip tool for screenshot n print screen button doesnt work in games, what do i do?: jus today i tried to use my print screen button to take a screenshot in a fullscreen game but it didnt work. it worked perfectly well in the past but now it doesnt work at all. win + shift + s and print screen to take screenshot doesnt work in full screen, it minimizes the...
  5. snip tool for screenshot n print screen button doesnt work in games, what do i do?

snip tool for screenshot n print screen button doesnt work in games, what do i do?: jus today i tried to use my print screen button to take a screenshot in a fullscreen game but it didnt work. it worked perfectly well in the past but now it doesnt work at all. win + shift + s and print screen to take screenshot doesnt work in full screen, it minimizes the...
  6. my wifi often doesnt work but only for games when everything else works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi often doesnt work but only for games when everything else works: my wifi was workin gperfectly fine untill recently when it stopped working for things such as xbox and steam. ive tried everything to fix this such as resetting my router but every game client i try to use wont connect to the internet when other things like youtube and...
  7. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?: My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant...
  8. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?: My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant...
  9. BSOD when idle but doesnt happen when playing a game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open: my xbox game bar won't open even when it's enabled. I click windows + g and it doesnt open, someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-game-bar-which-doesnt-open/db143144-e144-4fc6-84e4-817d5aa66874