Windows 10: Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening

Discus and support Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I have had this problem for a long time now, and many others have it too. Searched every article I found on it without success. Basically, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by levitski, Mar 5, 2020.

1. levitski Win User

Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening

So, I have had this problem for a long time now, and many others have it too. Searched every article I found on it without success.

Basically, when I download any game from the microsoft store, and download it to my hdd-drive because my ssd-drive is small and I can't install large games in there and try to open it, the game window flashes on the screen for half a second then goes away, and the game won't lauch. This is really frustrating because I cannot play Forza Horizon 4 which I bought the game pass for because it just simply won't open on my hdd-drive.

I went to the download location on my hdd and tried to open the folder where the game is. There was a prompt saying that I don't have the right to access it because "I am not the adminstrator", even though I am the only user on the computer and have made myself the adminstrator.

If someone else has had this problem and solved it, please share it. Thanks.

:)

levitski, Mar 5, 2020

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Mar 5, 2020
  4. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening

Microsoft Store games won't open

Oh. And what is your suggestion if I cannot open Gears of War 4, a 40 gb game, cannot open Netflix, and none of the store applications???

reinstall these? it costs me 6 hours almost.

welcomerobots, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening

1. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening - Similar Threads - Games downloaded Microsoft

2. I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store: It says "windows could not access the path or file on the specified device you may not have the required permissions to access the item" for every game that i try to open No Man's Sky, Overcooked 2, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 5, exc.. I tryed everything that i could...
  3. I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the games that i download from Microsoft Store: It says "windows could not access the path or file on the specified device you may not have the required permissions to access the item" for every game that i try to open No Man's Sky, Overcooked 2, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 5, exc.. I tryed everything that i could...
  4. Downloading games from the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading games from the Microsoft store.: Hello! I have been trying to download a game from my library, one of which I have through Xbox play anywhere. I wanted to download the game to an external drive, which works and everything, however I cannot change the location of the downloaded files. I would like to put all...
  5. Downloading games from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading games from Microsoft store: I am trying to reinstall 2 games and start 3 more. I says it is pending and the other 4 all say Starting Download. They have all sat like this for 4-5 hours doing nothing. I can either download them or remove them. My skills are very basic so what can I do?...
  6. Downloading game from Microsoft store

Downloading game from Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft off of the microsoft store, but when I click the install button, it does absolutely nothing. Whn I click install on my devices, it does not list my device, even though when I go to "my devices" my computer is listed there. I have also made sure...
  7. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  8. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought minecraft from the microsoft store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  9. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought mincraft from the microsoft store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  10. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...