Windows 10: Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

Discus and support Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have downloaded Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 but neither will launch. When launched both just indefinitely show the cover art and do not show... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MarkMikail, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

I have downloaded Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 but neither will launch. When launched both just indefinitely show the cover art and do not show up in task manager. Reinstalling does not help.

:)

MarkMikail, Mar 22, 2021

2. Problem with launching games from the Microsoft Store!!

Is it possible to open the Microsoft Store, open an app or
    a game and then have it downloaded and launched?
    Unfortunately I cannot do the above steps and launch the apps and games. When I try
    to open them I receive an error message 00008.
    Please help cause I cannot resolve this issue by myself

DaniellePizzino, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

From since last week, I have been unable to get any game or app downloaded from Microsoft Store to launch. Previously they worked but now when I try to run them or launch after a reinstall, the page that should open up briefly appears and disappears in
    the same moment. I have tried several of the suggested fixes that were suggested in the forum but none seem to work.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

ROALDBOXILL, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

1. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch - Similar Threads - Games downloaded Microsoft

2. Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...: So I got a new laptop and when I downloaded games from microsoft store they just did not launch, I first downloaded Hollow Knight and it did'nt launch, I thought it was just a bug and I started downloading minecraft dungeons, but that issue also happened for dungeons as well,...
  3. Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...: So I got a new laptop and when I downloaded games from microsoft store they just did not launch, I first downloaded Hollow Knight and it did'nt launch, I thought it was just a bug and I started downloading minecraft dungeons, but that issue also happened for dungeons as well,...
  4. Games from Microsoft Store Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Microsoft Store Won't Launch: From the MS Store, I installed Asphalt 9. When I try to launch, the splash screen appears, but then nothing happens. I'm also unable to play Roblox--when i launch from the browser, it shows I need to install the player. When I try to install that player, i get this message:...
  5. Games From the microsoft store will not fully launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games From the microsoft store will not fully launch.: I have downloaded both Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3 from the Microsoft Store, however when I try to launch either of these games then initial splash screen will come up for a few seconds then closes never launching the actual game. I have tried resting the Microsoft...
  6. Downloading games from Microsoft store

Downloading games from Microsoft store: I am trying to reinstall 2 games and start 3 more. I says it is pending and the other 4 all say Starting Download. They have all sat like this for 4-5 hours doing nothing. I can either download them or remove them. My skills are very basic so what can I do?...
  7. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  8. Help Launching a game from the microsoft store

Help Launching a game from the microsoft store: Hi, I've just installed sea of theives from the microsoft store online, and its finished completely installed all 43gb. However, everytime i try and open it, it just opens the screen and immediately closes again without delay. If i spam click it, it opens for slightly...
  9. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought minecraft from the microsoft store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  10. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...