Windows 10: Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,...

Discus and support Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; All of the games on my system can easily perform well and should perform well on my fairly high end system yet those that I download on the Xbox app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Epicsx43, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Epicsx43 Win User

Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,...

All of the games on my system can easily perform well and should perform well on my fairly high end system yet those that I download on the Xbox app and/or access through the EA app run a LOT worse. This isn't dependant on what games I play however, as Sea Of Thieves runs incredibly smooth on Steam yet on the Xbox store it has huge stutters that utterly ruin my gameplay experience; this also happened on Battlefield V, I downloaded the game from game pass ultimate through the Xbox app and it performed yet again worse compared to the Steam version. Even at the lowest settings available, I get li

:)

Epicsx43, Aug 19, 2022

2. add games to steam store

I'd like to request that a few games be added to the Steam Store those being the Windows versions of Gears of War 1, Halo 1 and Halo 2. The steam community suggested it'd be best to contact Microsoft directly hence why I made this post.

thinker101, Aug 19, 2022
  3. MaCk0y Win User
    Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games

Posted this in several forums but seems that nobody else is having this issue. My last hope. *Smile

I would be grateful if somebody else can confirm the same behaviour in regards to how Steam games access the microphone on Windows 10. The following is how Steam works for me:

Unlike with other game platforms where the games use the mic, in Steam games it's the Steam Client Bootstrapper that uses the mic and not the games themselves. And unlike with the other platforms, where the games constantly use the mic until you close them, the Steam Client only uses the mic when pressing the Push to Talk button and then stops using it when releasing the button which I think is the cause of the stutter. I guess this is good for privacy but not at the expense of gameplay. The workaround is having any other application running that is constantly using the mic. This eliminates the stutter in game. Here's what I mean.

If you look at the bottom right next to the Steam icon, the mic icon appears and disappears whenever I press and release the push to talk button. And on the left the Steam Client bootstrapper timestamp appearing and disappearing. (When I alt-tab out of the game, the steam client keeps using the mic because I was using a controller while the push to talk button was still pressed)

For me this is happening with all the Steam games that I currently have installed that support push to talk. I read some other posts where people experience this voice chat stutter but only in a specific game not all of the Steam games. Some of them use a USB mic. I use a 3.5mm Modmic. I don't have this issue with non Steam games. I tried different Realtek drivers with and without Nahimic but I think this is a Steam vs Windows 10 issue.

Windows 10 1909 1363.778

MaCk0y, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,...

Online gaming problem; steam dota2

Hi manojpheiroijam,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why your game crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I highly suggest that you contact Steam Support for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,...

1. Games downloaded on the Microsoft store stutter a lot compared to games installed on Steam,... - Similar Threads - Games downloaded Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store won't download Game Pass games.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't download Game Pass games.: Gives message saying "Administrator approval required for installation. Minimum OS required: Windows 10 May 2019 Update." My PC is fully updated in windows, Version is 21H1 and OS build is 19043.1110. I can download other games such as Candy Crush Saga and Roblox but not...
  3. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  4. Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games: Posted this in several forums but seems that nobody else is having this issue. My last hope. *Smile I would be grateful if somebody else can confirm the same behaviour in regards to how Steam games access the microphone on Windows 10. The following is how Steam works for...
  5. Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store: So everytime I try to download a game using microsoft store is such a pain and the interface is really bad for games. I am trying to download Halo Reach, but there is some issue all the time. Sometimes I get the error message "something went bad on our end", then when I...
  6. All steam, epic games store and Microsoft store games replaced with this symbol.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All steam, epic games store and Microsoft store games replaced with this symbol.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yologamer2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eky0y2/all_steam_epic_games_store_and_microsoft_store/
  7. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  8. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  9. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...
  10. add games to steam store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add games to steam store: I'd like to request that a few games be added to the Steam Store those being the Windows versions of Gears of War 1, Halo 1 and Halo 2. The steam community suggested it'd be best to contact Microsoft directly hence why I made this post....