Windows 10: Games Explorer removed during latest update

Discus and support Games Explorer removed during latest update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer updated to W10 v1803 (build: 17134.48)Now I can no longer find Games Explorer. It's been removed from my system. Talking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CJW, May 22, 2018.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Games Explorer removed during latest update

A few days ago, my computer updated to W10 v1803 (build: 17134.48)Now I can no longer find Games Explorer. It's been removed from my system.

Talking w/a Microsoft representative, I ran the Microsoft Update Troubleshooter. All that did was reset to default some of MY customizations & it didn't help me at all.

I even tried the older way: Win+R to bring up the Run command, typed shell:games & hit Enter. I received this error message: "Windows cannot find shell:games'. Make sure you typed the name correctly & then try again".
    Not everyone has/even wants to use an XBOX! Anyone know why Microsoft got rid of Games Explorer & if I can get it back?

:)

2. Ultimate Word Games laggs during play.

Hi Scarlett,

A corrupted game file is one of the reasons why Ultimate Word game lags while playing. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Games Explorer removed during latest update

1. Games Explorer removed during latest update - Similar Threads - Games Explorer removed

2. Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.: After the latest Windows 11 insider update, there is no mouse cursor in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-update-no-cursor-in-games/ae7994f7-b2ca-4e93-8463-728df451be6d
  3. Games are unplayable after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are unplayable after latest windows update: Hi,My PC was working fine till couple of weeks ago, and I was able to play all the games on my system without any issue. But after the some of the latest windows updates, the gaming performance has become really bad and most of the games are unplayable. I used to get...
  4. Crash during latest Windows 10 update KB5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crash during latest Windows 10 update KB5005565: Dear all,I come to you on last resort ...I have an old acer laptop ASPRE 5742 ... core i3-380M - 6GB Ram - 500 GB SSD Crucial MX500. Windows 10 Familly - 21H1 - Build 19043.1052. Everything work on it, Not quickly but usable ;- ....I write this issue on it currently ... Until...
  5. Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access

Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access: After updating our HP Laptop to Version 21H1 there is no internet access. The system does see all of our "Intranet" devices within our firewall but informs us of "No Internet Access" We have performed extensive troubleshooting with both MSFT Tech support and HP to determine...
  6. Latest update removal?

Latest update removal?: I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the 12th oct update cause getting used to it just endlessly irks me. Little things like not automatically having the search bar prioritised when I open a new tab of chrome, to the way the ui now looks when you right click an icon in the...
  7. Latest update will not install for DVDD version of the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update will not install for DVDD version of the game: Hi, I live in the UK and have the DVD version of MSFlight Sim 2020. It has worked perfectly until tonight when I got the message stating there is a mandatory update. When the screen changes to install this message, at the top left of the flight sim page I get an error...
  8. Latest Update removed everything on my machine!

Latest Update removed everything on my machine!: latest update removed all my task-bar shortcuts, most of the shortcuts on my desktop! I install my design engineering software on a second drive and the new update did not include any of them in the apps on the start. I spent the day yesterday going through windows explorer...
  9. No Windows Malicious Removal Tool during update?!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Windows Malicious Removal Tool during update?!: Just got an update during Patch Tuesday (just now!) but... There is no WRT (September edition) (or even FLASH update!) along with it. Normally it would be the case. Isn't it so that we get every month a new version of that tool? 117683
  10. what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update: Good Day All I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so doing windows movie maker as well, is this true? and what else will be removed. I have finally got some sort of handle on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why game explorer was removed

2. games explorer removed in latest windows 10