Windows 10: Games for Windows Live installer no longer works

Discus and support Games for Windows Live installer no longer works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Games for Windows Live no longer installs on Win 10. Downloaded the "gfwlivesetup.exe" installer but it gets a network error and fails to connect with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brianp89, Nov 16, 2020.

1. brianp89 Win User

Games for Windows Live installer no longer works

Games for Windows Live no longer installs on Win 10. Downloaded the "gfwlivesetup.exe" installer but it gets a network error and fails to connect with Microsoft server to download setup files.

Download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=201134

Error log:

-------------------------------

Logging Started: 11/16/2020 23:25:42

Source Folder: E:\Files\Downloads\Software\Microsoft\XboxLive

OS v6.2 build 9200 64 bit

OS Product Type: 0x00000030

User Default LCID: 0x0409

Command Line: "E:\Files\Downloads\Software\Microsoft\XboxLive\gfwlivesetup.exe"

-------------------------------

23:25:42 Direct DL: 0

23:25:42 DL Recent: 0

23:25:42 Offer ID:

23:25:42 Initialized

23:25:42 Resources initialized

23:25:42 Download folder C:\Users\Zer0\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads

23:25:42 Downloading version file to C:\Users\Zer0\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_29907.ver

23:25:42 Download Status: go.microsoft.com

23:25:42 Download Status: 184.85.17.228

23:25:42 Download Status: 302

23:25:42 Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt

23:25:42 Download Status: text/plain

23:25:42 Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt

23:25:42 Download Status: C:\Users\Zer0\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\8X5FARM7\gfwlivesetup[1].txt

23:25:42 Current version: 3.5.0089.0 WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTMpanblder.110411-1052

23:25:42 Latest version: 3.5.0089.0

23:25:43 Downloading redists only

23:25:43 Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Waiting

23:25:43 Games for Windows Marketplace Client Waiting

23:25:43 Microsoft .NET Framework Found

23:25:43 Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Waiting

23:25:43 Download Start Notification: 0

23:25:43 Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Downloading...

23:25:43 Progress 68%

23:25:43 Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Downloaded

23:25:43 Download Start Notification: 1

23:25:43 Games for Windows Marketplace Client Downloading...

23:25:43 Progress 79%

23:25:43 Games for Windows Marketplace Client Downloaded

23:25:43 Download Start Notification: 3

23:25:43 Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Downloading...

23:25:44 Download Error: 0x800c0008

23:25:44 A network error occurred while attempting to get information from the server. Check your network connection and retry.

23:25:44 A network error occurred while attempting to get information from the server. Check your network connection and retry.

Can someone from Microsoft please fix this? And it looks like there are a TON of other people having the same issue with many other older games that require GFWL.

:)

brianp89, Nov 16, 2020
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Nov 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Games for Windows Live installer no longer works

Unable to Install Games for Windows Live

Hi Josh,

Compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you are not able to install games from Windows Live. To properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?
    • When did the issue start?

Wilfred Mac, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Games for Windows Live installer no longer works

1. Games for Windows Live installer no longer works - Similar Threads - Games Live installer

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. how to install games for windows live 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install games for windows live 2020: i cant install gfwl.exe on my windows 10 to play age of empires free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-games-for-windows-live-2020/31380a12-9b15-4bb1-907a-5abcb9c26f50
  5. Xbox live not working on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox live not working on Games: So if I'm in the Xbox app it's fine, But in a game here is one: In Minecraft bedrock edition it gives me this: Error code Glowstone. And I have looked at almost everything to make it not say Error code Glowstone. And non of them worked : Same with other games I will put a...
  6. Can't install Games for Windows Live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Games for Windows Live: Donwload doesn't work. Even Firewall is set to "Off" and launching the file as admin. "gfwlivesetup.exe The game Fallout 3 doesn't work with this application....
  7. Windows key no longer works in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer works in game: The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. It is not the setting on my keyboard and the button works all other times. I know I can just alt tab but I want to be able to use the windows key as well. Google has not...
  8. Game no longer workes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer workes: I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after I restarted my laptop my game would no longer. The game is Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 complete....
  9. Games for Windows Live not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games for Windows Live not working.: Hi, I recently got a game called Resident Evil 5 to play with my friend. The game is associated with GFWL but it wont show up when i launch the game. And me and my friend are not able to play unless we invite each other through the GFWL tab and it wont opn even by pressing...
  10. Store Live Tile no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store Live Tile no longer works: Since 1703 & now 1709 I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period: Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings. Resetting the Store. Uninstalling...