Windows 10: Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

Discus and support Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Intel Core i7 9750h rtx 2060 laptop and whenever I open certain games like genshin impact or I use a emulator like cemu, they will work for 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VengefulController, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

I have a Intel Core i7 9750h rtx 2060 laptop and whenever I open certain games like genshin impact or I use a emulator like cemu, they will work for 5 minutes and then crash. My temps are fine and Minecraft works fine for some reason. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/VengefulController
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VengefulController, Sep 29, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Unable to hear sound

Hi Arif,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply to the following question to better understand your issue:

1. Is your issue confined to a single application or for all?

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Windows Store App. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2: I would suggest you do the following steps and see if it helps:

Update Sound, video and game controller drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    Method 3: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

Marby Rey, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

1. Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound. - Similar Threads - Games freeze still

2. Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs: Hi, i have a very strange problem since a couple of weeks: Windows 10 "freezes" sometimes, but i can still move my mouse and can use loaded programs or open the task manager. I can even still use the web browser and can open websites with it. But thats it, i cant start any...
  3. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound: Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600X RX 5700 16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4 I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I...
  4. I can not hear some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not hear some games: I opened my pc once and opened a game and I could not hear anything. I restarted it several times and it still did not worked I even switched headset and I could not hear the game. I checked every thing in the sound option of the game and since then other game started to do...
  5. I can't hear sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  6. My Headset Can hear others and game sounds But I Cannot Talk.

My Headset Can hear others and game sounds But I Cannot Talk.: Recently I just built a PC. I am trying to setup the Headset. In discord I can hear everybody but cannot talk back. I tried another headset to the same result. I don't know how to fix this. It makes no sense. Any and all help is appreciated....
  7. PC Freezes can still hear sound for a while buit cant input anything, have to hold power...

PC Freezes can still hear sound for a while buit cant input anything, have to hold power...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 7/21/2019 2:37:18 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (70368744177664),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-LCR0AEQ Description: The...
  8. Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.: Over the past two years all my hi-resolution games have work on Full Screen mode without a problem. About three weeks ago ALL my games started dropping out to black screen, then to task bar but game audio could still be heard. If I right click the game in the task bar it...
  9. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.: Hello, For about a year now my computer does this thing where it losses signal to the monitor and the sound in the game or the discord server im in is still playing. Sometimes the sound freezes a bit after I lose the display. Ive swapped everything but the MOBO, RAM and...
  10. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...