Windows 10: Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive

Discus and support Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc keeps crashing or freezing whenever I play games on my hard drive. Ever since 3 weeks ago when I was playing rainbow six siege my game crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HaydenBrorsen, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive

My pc keeps crashing or freezing whenever I play games on my hard drive. Ever since 3 weeks ago when I was playing rainbow six siege my game crashed thought it was just siege so I sent a support ticket to ubi they couldn't help me so I played Warzone but that still crashed then it stopped crashing my game only and then start blue screening and I couldn't figure out why so I brought it to geek squad and when they gave it back to me they said it was the SATA drivers so I thought everything was fine but then it froze so i had to hard reboot to start using my pc again then I download some smaller games on my SSD and they work fine i really need help this is really frustrating.

:)

HaydenBrorsen, Aug 22, 2020

2. pc freezing when playing games

Hi

My name is Jen, an Independent Advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user.

It is really frustrating if your pc freezes or crashes in the middle of a game.

The possible factors that cause ‘computer crashes when playing games’ include:

1. You are running too many programs in the background and they use lots of memory.

2. Your current graphics card drivers are incompatible with your Windows OS (especially Windows 10).

3. Your sound driver collides with other devices.

4. You have installed improper software recently.

5. Your computer is threated by some malware or virus.

6. Your hard drive had some issues, like bad sectors.

7. Your computer is overheating.

How do you stop your computer from crashing when you play games?

As for stopping a computer from crashing, I have three suggestions for you.

The first one is that you need to close the unnecessary programs that are running in the background before you play games.

The second one is that you should pay attention to your computer temperature when you are playing games. Make sure that your cooling components are working well in case your computer goes overheating.

The third one is that you can try the following fixes when your computer crashes.

1. Update graphics card drives.

2. Disable the onboard sound device.

3. Check whether you have installed improper software.

4. Scan your computer for malware and virus.

5. Check your hard drive health.

I hope this information helped you out.

Jen Quintos, Aug 22, 2020
  3. beeze Win User
    Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Aug 22, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive

1. Games Freeze or crash my PC only when i play on my Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Games Freeze crash

2. My PC freezes only when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes only when playing games: Hello everyone,I've had this problem since I installed Windows 10 on my pc where my PC completely freezes when playing any game after 20 minutes or less into the game.My CPU ram and disk usage all seem fine in the task manager, and all my drivers are up to date but there is a...
  3. My PC freezes only when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes only when playing games: Hello everyone,I've had this problem since I installed Windows 10 on my pc where my PC completely freezes when playing any game after 20 minutes or less into the game.My CPU ram and disk usage all seem fine in the task manager, and all my drivers are up to date but there is a...
  4. My PC freezes only when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  6. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  7. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent PC freezing, when playing games, and only when playing games.: Hello everyoneSince around 2 days ago, my pc has started to spontaneously freeze when playing games like CSGO, or doom eternal.The freezing makes it so i cannot use my keyboard, mouse, or anything of that nature, if i have my screen audio attached, there is a loud hissing...
  9. My PC crashes when I play a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC crashes when I play a game: Since i've made the last Windows 10 adapt, when I play a game Rainbow six siege my PC crashes a few minutes later about ten minutes later. But when it crashes, it does not realy crash, suddenly I hear a weird scrambled sound and my screen is totaly frozen. I can not do...
  10. My PC Hard Freezes randomly when I'm playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Hard Freezes randomly when I'm playing video games: Hello As I have mentioned in the title, I'm experiencing random freezes which can only be resolved by completely shutting down the laptop. The freeze however only happens when I play video games, when I'm doing other things the laptop seems to work normally. I have noticed...