Windows 10: Games freeze up in the foreground

Discus and support Games freeze up in the foreground in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently after installing windows 11, games I play have a tendency to freeze up. They perform around 1 to 3 fps for around a minute at a time. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by crownmolding, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Games freeze up in the foreground

Recently after installing windows 11, games I play have a tendency to freeze up. They perform around 1 to 3 fps for around a minute at a time. The issue will subside for only around 30 seconds and then continue with the slide show. At first I thought it was just a specific game but the problem has spread from Minecraft to Cyberpunk. Most all the games I try freeze like this and are unplayable. The interesting thing is, when I hit the windows key and pull up that menu effectively unfocusing from the game, the game works flawlessly in the background. When I'm not interacting with the game dire

:)

crownmolding, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Loraine Mon, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Games freeze up in the foreground

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Games freeze up in the foreground

1. Games freeze up in the foreground - Similar Threads - Games freeze foreground

2. PC freezes when loading up a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes when loading up a game.: This is a follow-up from my previous post, my pc no longer freezes shortly after start-up or download something, the pc still freezes as i am about to load into a game, I tried to play Fortnite and it froze, Half Life 1 was fine though....
  3. Windows not brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not brought to foreground: I have a issue that I have not been able to fix. My Phone Link window is not being brought to the foreground if it is already open. Steps to reproduce: 1. Open Phone Link 2. Open another window of some sort e.g. Notepad and place it on top of the Phone Link window so it...
  4. Windows not brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not brought to foreground: I have a issue that I have not been able to fix. My Phone Link window is not being brought to the foreground if it is already open. Steps to reproduce: 1. Open Phone Link 2. Open another window of some sort e.g. Notepad and place it on top of the Phone Link window so it...
  5. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  6. Games freeze up in the foreground

Games freeze up in the foreground: Recently after installing windows 11, games I play have a tendency to freeze up. They perform around 1 to 3 fps for around a minute at a time. The issue will subside for only around 30 seconds and then continue with the slide show. At first I thought it was just a specific...
  7. PC completely freezing up while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC completely freezing up while gaming: Hello,I am having a very confusing, very annoying problem that I've narrowed down to my GPU, whether it be software or hardware.First, let me explain what I've done to troubleshoot, then I will explain the issue.- I've reinstalled Windows- I've run sfc /scannow - I've run...
  8. PC completely freezing up while gaming

PC completely freezing up while gaming: Hello,I am having a very confusing, very annoying problem that I've narrowed down to my GPU, whether it be software or hardware.First, let me explain what I've done to troubleshoot, then I will explain the issue.- I've reinstalled Windows- I've run sfc /scannow - I've run...
  9. PC completely freezing up while gaming

10. Printer Dialog goes foreground, and i can't move to foreground

Printer Dialog goes foreground, and i can't move to foreground: I'm using an app online for dessign. When I try to print my work, the printer's dialog goes foreground, and I can't move it to foreground using ALT+TAB or CTRL+TAB. I have to change the screen resolution, and when the screen is changing, the dialog moves to the foreground....