Windows 10: Games from Microsoft store not working.

Discus and support Games from Microsoft store not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft store is really a good app that is built in windows 10. But I have some issues with it. I recently installed Gardenscapes, which is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VutukuruKarthik, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Games from Microsoft store not working.

Microsoft store is really a good app that is built in windows 10.

But I have some issues with it. I recently installed Gardenscapes, which is my favorite game. But when I launched it, it crashes always and suddenly closes. I then run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter and finally the game stopped crashing but it is not loading. I mean there's a black screen and the game is not loading.

Thank you.

:)

VutukuruKarthik, Jul 28, 2020

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jul 28, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Games from Microsoft store not working.

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Games from Microsoft store not working.

1. Games from Microsoft store not working. - Similar Threads - Games Microsoft store

2. In game purchase from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In game purchase from Microsoft Store: I started playing Big Business Deluxe on my pc, from the Microsoft Store and made various purchases getting close to $200\£160. One of the purchases was quite expensive and generated 500,000 coins every 3 days to use in game. A week or so ago the game repeatedly wouldn't...
  3. free games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free games from microsoft store: while looking through the microsoft store for a new game to play, i noticed that several of the listings said "owned". i have looked at those games in the past but they are not listed on the start menu nor do i play any of them. does this "owned" mean they are taking up...
  4. Microsoft store games not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games not working.: Microsoft Store refuses to download Minecraft. First Minecraft wouldn't start, so I deleted it and now it won't download again from the store. Clicking install just deletes the install button and nothing happens at all. If I go to Minecraft's store page and click install the...
  5. Microsoft store game not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store game not working: I paid for the walking dead season final game for the pc on micro soft store it downloads and installs and brings up a window with two little windows in it then does nothing ive reset it ive deleted it i dont know what to do? [ATTACH]...
  6. Downloading games from the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading games from the Microsoft store.: Hello! I have been trying to download a game from my library, one of which I have through Xbox play anywhere. I wanted to download the game to an external drive, which works and everything, however I cannot change the location of the downloaded files. I would like to put all...
  7. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  8. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...
  9. Games From The Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games From The Microsoft Store: So ANY game i download and install from the store does the same thing, gets to the main menu and wont let me get past press start...I press start and it flashes but just stays there. ive updated windows fully, updated the store, every other game including games from steam,...
  10. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...