Windows 10: Games from MS Store not going actual fullscreen, causeing multiple problems.

Discus and support Games from MS Store not going actual fullscreen, causeing multiple problems. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I originally posted about this over HERE when I thought it was just a controller problem with one game, after testing a few others I have worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by robertfaa, Jul 2, 2019.

1. robertfaa Win User

Games from MS Store not going actual fullscreen, causeing multiple problems.

So, I originally posted about this over HERE when I thought it was just a controller problem with one game, after testing a few others I have worked out that it's a problem with the Windows Store games. Despite being toggled to "Fullscreen" in the video options, they act like they're in borderless windowed mode and when using a controller, specifically in my case a "Wired Xbox 360 controller for Windows" it's trying to play the game and control windows itself at the same time, so any button associated with control of windows, ie, right stick for the mouse pointer, left stick for scrolling, etc, has a sort of dual effect so that whatever other button would be assiciated with the windows function as well as the corresponding button of the game get pressed at the same time. In the case of Ori and the Blind Forest, it causes multiple abilities to be used at once, and in the case of a game like Hellblade, or We Happy Few, where the right stick is used for looking around it causes the mouse pointer to leave the game area and thus, when a button is then pressed causes the game to minimise. I have tested multiple Windows Store games and this happens to ALL of them so far tested, where as using the same controller testing games from Steam, Epic, Uplay and Origin this does NOT happen in any of their games, meaning it's clearly a problem with installations from the Windows Store. Presumably because it associates everything as an "App" instead of as an exe programme, like all other games.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue as I'd like to be able to play the games from windows store as I tried out MS's new "Xbox Games Pass for Windows", and there are a few games I'd absolutely love to play more of, but as it stands they're either unplayable, or difficult to get around in, due to this issue. And while I have cancelled any further payments for the sub, I'd really like to keep it so I can play these games to their completion.

:)

robertfaa, Jul 2, 2019

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Can't go fullscreen in any game

Since today I can't play games in fullscreen. It either goes windowed or borderless windowed all my graphics drivers are up to date and I don't know whats causing it.

IsoYamanTR, Jul 2, 2019
  4. knitwear Win User

PC games not in fullscreen in Windows 10

Hope this helps someone else. I was also having the problem with not being able to play games in fullscreen in Windows 10. This what I did:

If you have not updated your Display Adapters go to Device Manager first - look for Display adapter and click on the drop down box and it should show you what to do next.

Open display settings

Change the size of text - apps - other items to 125%

Click Advanced Display Settings - change to 1440 x 900

Very important. On all your games that have a fullscreen option make sure that this option is TURNED OFF .

Turn this option on, ONLY when you are actually playing the game. Somehow the fullscreen option will not work when another game is using it and it doesn't even matter if the first game is closed.

Hope someone can use this.

knitwear, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Games from MS Store not going actual fullscreen, causeing multiple problems. - Similar Threads - Games Store going

2. Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug: When i play a game that i downloaded from microsoft store "Minecraft For Windows 10" "Roblox" and i move my camera/mouse down ingame my taskbar shows, or when i move my camera/mouse to the top the close button shows...
  3. Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug: When i play a game that i downloaded from microsoft store "Minecraft For Windows 10" "Roblox" and i move my camera/mouse down ingame my taskbar shows, or when i move my camera/mouse to the top the close button shows...
  4. How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?: Something happened to my app sometime after July where each time I full screen the pictures there's black edges on the top and bottom at the exact measure of the top options bar and the taskbar underneath. My photo viewer USED to make images take up the entire screen but that...
  5. Games wont go fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games wont go fullscreen: When i launch the game it instantly gets minimazed,cant open it ,in any single way. Started happening after the latest update. I did everything,reinstalled display drivers,updated drivers,reinstalled the games,and finally reinstalled the whole windows ,and still nothing...
  6. Going Fullscreen in some game changed the color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going Fullscreen in some game changed the color: Everytime i play some specific games Assetto Corsa&ROBLOX, and going Fullscreen mode, It changed the color to somewhat 'blueish', when i play in windowed mode or when theres something on the screen like adjusting the volume it comes back to original color it supposed to be,...
  7. problem with installing apps from ms store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing apps from ms store.: hey , while i was downloading asphalt 9 from the ms store i had to cancel some updates of some apps, while i did so i have cancelled asphalt 9 also while it was installing i just cancelled it mistakely while it was in its quarterway. after that while i tried downloading the...
  8. Multiple Fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Fullscreen applications: Hello, I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup. Not that I was planning on buying it but the LGCX 48inch tv seemed like the dream desktop monitor. There is one caveat, as a gamer I would like to play my games...
  9. MS Store problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store problem: Hello, I recently bought Game pass mainly for new MC Dungeonds release. However when I go to the game page I can't download it on my PC I can only download it on the second PC, where I have MS account linked. Also my main PC uses a MSI mobo, not the Gigabyte one.[ATTACH]...
  10. Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor: So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read slightly to the left of where it actually is on the screen. What I've noticed when I alt-tab is that all my maximized windows...