Windows 10: Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

Discus and support Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to install Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 on SSD but they crashed with black screen and then shut down. Other games such as Origin or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kurtis Howington, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

I wanted to install Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 on SSD but they crashed with black screen and then shut down. Other games such as Origin or Steam work without problem. I tried to download Sea Of Thieves on my HDD and then moved it to the SSD, the games also crashed and the PC crashed while moving the games.

Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB, Intel Core i7 - 4770K

:)

Kurtis Howington, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi!

Thanks for reading.

When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the
    games crash
    . I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4.

Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time).

Besides that, when i download them on my hdd and try to move them to my ssd, the games also crash or my computer crashes while moving the games.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?

My system:

Intel Core i7 - 4770K

16GB ram

Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

1060 GTX 6gb

ricardo klaasen, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD

1. Games from Store crashed when installed on SSD - Similar Threads - Games Store crashed

2. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  4. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  5. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  6. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. game installing from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game installing from store: so i had 20 gb left on my C: Drive and i want to switch it to where i can install on my 916 gb drive. How do I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-installing-from-store/2856ee88-a5e6-4a1d-bc8e-082084ec1e61
  8. Installing games from the store

Installing games from the store: I was given a notice that world of tanks blitz was updated. .When I tried to update it I was unable to do so. I was then having the idea that I would down load it from the microsoft store after uninstalling it in hopes of getting the new game update. No go because it will...
  9. MS Store crashes when installing xbox game bar

MS Store crashes when installing xbox game bar: No reason, no error, just crashes. Can't install xbox game bar because Microsoft decided to do some proprietary **** which doesn't work. Awesome work as always...
  10. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem running gameloft games from ssd

2. Store games updates unable to install in exdternal ssd