Windows 10: Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

Discus and support Games from Windows store cluttering start menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fergenspuck, May 19, 2022.

1. Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

Hey,I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu entry is still there. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.Forza Horizon 4 - Currently installed. Start menu expected. No issues here for now.Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island - This a DLC. Start menu should not exist. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.Forza Horizon 4 Lego - Another DLC for FH4. Start menu should not exist. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads sectio

:)

Fergenspuck, May 19, 2022
  2. vodami Win User

Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

Hey,

I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. More info after image.

Games from Windows store cluttering start menu [​IMG]

• Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu entry is still there. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.
    • Forza Horizon 4 - Currently installed. Start menu expected. No issues here for now.
    • Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island - This a DLC. Start menu should not exist. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.
    • Forza Horizon 4 Lego - Another DLC for FH4. Start menu should not exist. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.

Since these are Windows apps, the shortcuts are not in the usual start menu folders (I checked).

How can I get rid of the unnecessary start menu entries?

Thanks.

vodami, May 19, 2022
  3. vodami Win User

Uninstalling the DLCs is, unfortunately, not an option. My internet is slow and it would take several hours to reinstall them.

Luckily, moving the DLCs back and forth between two drives seems to have fixed it. The entries no longer appear on the start menu.

----

The Forza Horizon 3 entry still won't budge. I have tried:

• Uninstalling - Nothing happens (The game was already uninstalled and confirmed the files are gone)
    • Reset Store Cache (WSReset & AppxAllUserStore method) - No change.
    • Starting the install then cancelling - Nothing.

vodami, May 19, 2022
  4. Compumind Win User

Hi @vodami and welcome to Windows Ten Forums!

Click on the Start Menu and go to Apps - right click on the desired program to be removed and then click Uninstall.

If that doesn't help, it might be best to re-register the Windows store apps to a default state:

How to Clear and Reset Microsoft Store Cache in Windows 10

Be sure to have a complete, restorable backup of your system just in case.

Kindly advise. Thanks.

*Nerd

Compumind, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Games from Windows store cluttering start menu - Similar Threads - Games store cluttering

2. Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Windows store cluttering start menu: Hey,I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu entry is still there. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.Forza Horizon 4 - Currently installed....
  3. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  4. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  5. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  6. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu: Hello!For some time now Im missing many icons from the start menu. But this only happens when I use the search function. The small Icon in the list of programms are still there. And this only happens with apps I downloaded from the Microsoft App store. Can anyone help please?...
  7. Icons Missing from Windows store Apps in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start Menu - how to fight clutter - can I move "apps" to subfolders?

Start Menu - how to fight clutter - can I move "apps" to subfolders?: This question was asked in this article but never answered satisfactorily. The answer given by Amit_Sun answered a different question. Here's what everybody already knows: the start menu alpha list, not tiles is a merger of two folders: the common start menu lives in...
  9. Unable to start games from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to start games from Store: I am unable to start the games (all the games!!) I download from the Store. I press the start, it flashes but nothing happens. I tried updating Windows, Store, the games with no avail...
  10. How to stop Start menu clutter

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Start menu clutter: I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu. I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of the menu itself but each time I reboot or start up the clutter is back as I don't want any of that to be visible because I do...