Windows 10: Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

Discus and support Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After Uninstalling some games from gamepass i notice that the space on my drives did not change, so i went to the WindowsApps folder and i saw that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelSilva47, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

After Uninstalling some games from gamepass i notice that the space on my drives did not change, so i went to the WindowsApps folder and i saw that the files from the game are still there, i tried to manually delete them but there's no way, it's impossible to get permission to do that, so i keep searching an solution and i found an command on PowerShell that would uninstall system apps, i tried that and it worked, but only for the games that were installed on the system drive C: but i also have the same problem on the D: drive and the command line doesn't seem to work for the files on the D: WindowsApps folder, it just says that the apps isn't find or installed, so here i am.

The command line is Remove-AppxPackage -Package and then the full package name

:)

MichaelSilva47, Oct 19, 2020

2. Unable to launch many gaming related apps/MS store/gamepass games

• I am unable to launch game bar on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I am unable to launch microsoft store on my PC (appears to open but closes instantly) - it WAS working fine a few days ago.
    • I cannot open xbox console companion on windows (appears to open but closes instantly)
    • Many gamepass games won't launch, some say im not logged in (but i obviously am logged into my gamepass account)

I have tried a number of solutions I found on the internet from simple reinstall to running various command prompt and powershell commands, I have ensured I have folder and file permissions for the microsoft apps folder on this account.

Because I cannot launch the microsoft store I can't attempt to reinstall some items.

teardropphoenix, Oct 19, 2020
  3. ParkT Win User
    Xbox gamepass game cause windows store window to pop up with Gaming Service 'purchase' screen

None of my Xbox gamepass games will run on my system after the latest windows security upgrade from Microsoft.

When I try to run a game, instead I get the Windows store page for Gaming Services (which shows as being installed).

Ive tried re-installing the the Gaming Services but I still cannot get the gamepass-based game to run.

ParkT, Oct 19, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

1. Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling - Similar Threads - Games Store Gamepass

2. How to permanetly uninstall a game from gamepass, along with it's corrosponding folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanetly uninstall a game from gamepass, along with it's corrosponding folders?: Hello,I recently installed a game from the Microsoft Store through Gamepass PC onto my non-windows-installation drive :D, but I realised that it leaves a bunch of un-removable folders in my :D drive that I already have copies of in my windows-installation drive :C.I want to...
  3. How to permanetly uninstall a game from gamepass, along with it's corrosponding folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanetly uninstall a game from gamepass, along with it's corrosponding folders?: Hello,I recently installed a game from the Microsoft Store through Gamepass PC onto my non-windows-installation drive :D, but I realised that it leaves a bunch of un-removable folders in my :D drive that I already have copies of in my windows-installation drive :C.I want to...
  4. Windows update on windows10 seems to be uninstalled, cant download games from gamepass.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update on windows10 seems to be uninstalled, cant download games from gamepass.: Windows update on windows10 seems to be uninstalled. I cant get it to work with the repair tool and windows seem to be telling me that windows update iso file is missing. I have just joined xbox game pass and i cant download a single game. Its also preventing me from updating...
  5. Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass: Hi everybody, i've got a problem uninstall Xbox GamePass games on my PC: if i uninstall them from xbox app or from settings-app it doesn't really uninstall them. In my Asus Armoury Crate there is a games section that optimize the games installed in my pc, and it keeps finding...
  6. My gamepass games got uninstalled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My gamepass games got uninstalled: I downloaded The Medium, Flight Simulator and some other games with Xbox Gamepass on PC, I played them with no issues, but today I tried to boot a game and it says I have no games installed on the Xbox app, and i can't find them on the start menu either. And the files are...
  7. Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install games from Gamepass App or Microsoft Store!: For nearly two weeks now, i have been unable to install any games from either the gamepass app or the microsoft store. I have tried every fix conceivable posted online, reset this, stopped that, changed this, updated that, etc etc etc and it still doesn't work. When the...
  8. Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem where while downloading/installing a game via PC Gamepass app, my PC froze and had to restart, game was at 25 GB from 96, since then when I acces microsoft store or gamepass app the game appears not installed and I have only the...
  9. How to uninstall game from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/e6d16d2c-0837-44ec-898a-2f17537aadeb"
  10. How to uninstall game from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/685fde4e-10f1-4f36-8d2e-2135c4f41089"