Windows 10: Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

Discus and support Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Priyanshu Neogi, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these

:)

Priyanshu Neogi, Mar 30, 2023
  2. Alex#85 Win User

How to delete error reports taking up disk space?

How to delete error reports taking up disk space? Step by step and how to access the directory(ies) needed. Thank you

Alex#85, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Can't uninstall Windows games . Space running low

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. I took system restore as suggested .
    2. Took ownership and deleted 2 folders of same game ( ~ 5..5 GB ).
    3. Too many registries got listed so I was really afraid to delete anything. Left it as is.
    4. Decided to restart the PC to see any issues. Nothing wrong happened.

Planning to delete the games one by one as I need space. I don't know if all of them will be smooth to delete in terms of registry left as is.

Thanks again. This was big help.

Regards.

Himanshu

HimanshuPuri, Mar 30, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

1. Did you empty the recycle bin ? If not, empty it.
    2. Delete the contents under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are downloaded Windows Updates files and already installed.
    3. Open Admin command, copy and paste the line below then run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
      This should remove all the no longer used by component store. Will take a while to run.

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

1. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space - Similar Threads - Games got deleted

2. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space: Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these...
  3. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space: Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these...
  4. Deleted my windows unknowingly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my windows unknowingly: I was trying to install ubuntu alsong side with windows dont know much while doing that. I deleted my windows completely unknowingly. I was using window 10 pro linked with my outlook acount and it was activated now what should i do....
  5. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  6. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  7. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

8. Something unknow is taking disk space in computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something unknow is taking disk space in computer: I had 8 GB free few days before, but now, there is only 4GB free disk space. I have tried almost eveything, deleting apps, disk cleanup, etc, to free up space. It freed up some space, but again that space got occupied. How to fix this, and get back my disk space?...
  9. Something unknow is taking disk space in Python.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something unknow is taking disk space in Python.: I had 8 GB free few days before, but now, there is only 4GB free disk space. I have tried almost eveything, deleting apps, disk cleanup, etc, to free up space. It freed up some space, but again that space got occupied. How to fix this, and get back my disk space?...
  10. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...