Windows 10: Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

Discus and support Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I used my PC for a while, until a problem came that ultimately ended up with me having to reinstall Windows from a fresh install. Before, I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnSixion, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

So I used my PC for a while, until a problem came that ultimately ended up with me having to reinstall Windows from a fresh install. Before, I could game perfectly fine with no issues. Now however, whenever I boot a game into full screen mode, I can navigate for about 1-2 minutes before the screen goes completely back (Monitor says it has no signal). The game audio plays in the background for a bit before it goes into the “pc crashed” audio and my only option is to manually restart my PC.

This only happens for full screen though (and any type of FS like FS-borderless etc.). Playing in Windowed mode goes fine with no problems

I feel like it’s a driver issue, but I don’t know where. I remember updating to the latest Nvidia driver before reinstalling Windows and having to update it again after reinstalling. I tested it out with higher graphically intensive games like MW, and lower graphical intensity like CS:GO and both had the same issue. Temperatures seemed fine from what I monitored so I don’t think it’s an issue in that part. For reference, I have an EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER gpu and an ASUS PRIME Z390-P motherboard if that helps. I don’t think it’s a hardware issue, since it was working completely fine literally right before (although I could be wrong)

:)

JohnSixion, Dec 15, 2019

2. Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games

Hi, just wondering if anyone had or have the same issue playing assassin's creed origin or any other Ubisoft games, here is the problem blackscreen game/intro/hard reset (no audio) ... blackscreen
    minimized/closed/(audio) hard reset only happens in fullscreen so i brought a new build gtx 1060 6gb, ryzen 1500x ddr4 8gb and guess what
    same problem occurs, if anyone from Microsoft or anyone knows a fix i would very much appreciate it as it really does seems like this is software related and that i mean a conflict between uplay and Window 10.

Jasond_802, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

games crash in fullscreen

everytime I try to load a fullscreen game on windows 10 it turns to black and crashes resulting in me having to reset the computer

it only started happening after the update does anyone know how to fix this

kaneborchert, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

1. Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc - Similar Threads - Games Fullscreen Giving

2. pc, games and apps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc, games and apps crashing: System: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X default settings GiBy X570 AORUS MASTER X570 AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B Sapphire RADEON RX 5700 XT NITRO+ Running on boost profile Radeon Software Version 19.12.3 LG 32GK650F-B 32 QHD Gaming Monitor Display Port connection, monitor is running on 144hz...
  3. Blackscreen Crash on Fullscreen Gaming (nvlddmkm.sys 141 Error)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen Crash on Fullscreen Gaming (nvlddmkm.sys 141 Error): Re-posting on the correct(?) forum I believe since I wanted to compile all the data I've obtained into a single thread I ran into lots of problems with my PC, and it eventually accumulated in me ending up reinstalling Windows 10. While I eventually managed to make the...
  4. Fullscreen Issues On Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Issues On Games: Hello everybody, Yesterday I completed my first PC build. I installed Windows 10 Home on it and ran Windows Update until everything is up to date. I then downloaded and installed my latest graphics card drivers. After installing Steam and the Xbox Beta App, I downloaded...
  5. Blackscreen crash while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen crash while playing game: I am getting Black screen crashes whenever i play games, the time it takes for the crash varies and i get numerous errors. I just replaced my CPU cooler and GPU specs and errors as follows. I7 9700k Not over clocked 2080ti evga black MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151 (300 Series)...
  6. Crashing on Hulu and Youtube in Fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing on Hulu and Youtube in Fullscreen: I've been playing video games for long periods of time without crashing like 3+ hours. And recently I started watching videos on this computer for long periods of time. I've actually crashed twice while watching videos on my chrome from Youtube and Netflix. It happens when...
  7. PC crashing while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while gaming: Hi, lately my PC stated to crash while i'm playing games, i don't know why this happening, but i think its related to my recent SSD upgrade.. heres the DAMP files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqBUd6RYu4jPmlLV-MFNSXiO4SL9 Thank you for the help....
  8. crashing PC game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing PC game: Is anyone using the PC game Hidden City - Hidden Mystery Adventure game crashing, when you hit the continue to game button. This has been happening for more than 4 days now. Microsoft Please fix this game!!!!...
  9. Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games: Hi, just wondering if anyone had or have the same issue playing assassin's creed origin or any other Ubisoft games, here is the problem blackscreen game/intro/hard reset (no audio) ... blackscreen minimized/closed/(audio) hard reset only happens in fullscreen so i brought...
  10. Screensaver overrides fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver overrides fullscreen games: My screensaver (a custom one) has a tendency to override some, but probably not all, fullscreen games if I don't use the keyboard or mouse for long enough, for example if I'm watching a cutscene or using some non-mouse, non-keyboard controllers (gamepads, smartphones etc.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc games keep giving black screen