Windows 10: Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

Discus and support Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ИгорьЗеленков, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe file of the game.The thing is I cant play with vsync on,because of the input lag and overall lagginess it gives to a game.Also,directx 12 games have even worse problem with tearing (not only in fullscreen mode) and only turning on vsync can fix it.Had the same problem in 1803.My setup is laptom with i7-4700mq processor (intel HD Graphics 4600) and dedicated gtx 860m videocard working in Optimus.Can I recommend me solution that'll alow me to get read off this stuttering for good and to launch directx 12 games without vsync on?

:)

ИгорьЗеленков, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Glyph08 Win User

Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

man,its not lag im a veteran in pc gaming the thing is with the screen for example gta v:when im in fullscreen the screen stutters when im moving the mouse or the character,but when i turn it to fullscreen borderless the problem is gone.The thing is not
    all games got fulscreen borderless

Glyph08, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

Windows Update 1709, Computer running slower and screen stuttering/fps drop in games on fullscreen.

Have you tried enabling Game Mode? if not, we suggest that you enable it and check the results. Here are the steps:

Enable/Disable Game mode by default:

• Open the Settings menu.
    • Click on Gaming
    • Choose Game Mode
    • Toggle Use Game Mode
    Enable Game Mode on a per-game basis:

• While inside your game, press Windows key + G to open the
      Game Bar
    • This will release you cursor and enable you to click on the cogwheel.
    • Select Enable Game Mode.

If the issue persist, go to the
    Microsoft Update Catalog
    to search and download the Windows 10 Version 1703 ISO file. Afterwards, use the
    Media Creation tool to create an installation image using the version of Windows that you downloaded.

Note: Once you have installed Windows 10 Version 1703, we suggest that you setup a metered connection so that you will not be updated to Windows 10 Version 1709.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

1. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing - Similar Threads - Games fullscreen mode

2. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media: Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my...
  3. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media: Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my...
  4. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  5. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  6. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help: Hello all, hope you guys are having a great day. So I recently stumbled upon this problem, and it's rather a weird one for me and the first time I've ever encountered it. Whenever I boot up my computer and load my game, screen tears/stuttering happen...
  8. Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen: hello can anyone help me? video: https://youtu.be/qC12lJ2GwBY it seems that the camera its not geting it but with the eye is very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-image-skiping-frames-while-in-fullscreen/21336ea4-e88e-43e8-98ba-a2a014d4b625
  9. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  10. Screen Tear Netflix Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Tear Netflix Fullscreen: I've tried to live with it but I can't, It's almost as bad as subtitles. I've installed silverlight and played around with the Nvidia Settings. Nothing makes a difference. Netflix within google chrome, GTX1080 FE 100732