Windows 10: Games installed off Microsoft store crash at loading screen and restarts PC

Discus and support Games installed off Microsoft store crash at loading screen and restarts PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any game that I purchase and install from the Microsoft store will start to load but then will crash at the loading screen and restart my PC. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmecate, Dec 4, 2019.

1. dmecate Win User

Games installed off Microsoft store crash at loading screen and restarts PC

Any game that I purchase and install from the Microsoft store will start to load but then will crash at the loading screen and restart my PC. Ive followed many of the resets suggested but nothing works. All I want is to be able to play Halo Reach. I had this same issue with Battlefront 2 a while back and ended up refunding and giving up on it working. I’ve seen another thread with my same issue from 2017 but it has no solutions to the problem. All other games from other stores work perfectly fine on my PC. Only games from Microsoft store do I get this issue. (Btw I purchased Halo on steam first, the issue occured so I refunded and bought directly from Microsoft store and same issue occurs.)

:)

dmecate, Dec 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Games installed off Microsoft store crash at loading screen and restarts PC - Similar Threads - Games installed off

2. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC: When I open Minecraft java edition and go to login with Microsoft it will constantly refresh the loading screen is this a known issue and is there a fix?...
  3. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC: When I open Minecraft java edition and go to login with Microsoft it will constantly refresh the loading screen is this a known issue and is there a fix?...
  4. Microsoft store constant refresh loading screen on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games crashing pc. black screen to restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games crashing pc. black screen to restart.: Hi, all new 5900x and 6900xt red devil 16gb ram, 850 watt PSU, MSi MAG b550. As for problem its mostly happening when i play forza horizon 5. Itll be random and not everytime i play it. Happened only once when league of legends was booting up a match from launcher as soon as...
  6. Microsoft Store Crashes Before Loading

Microsoft Store Crashes Before Loading: I had never tried to use the Microsoft Store on my PC prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. I was unable to do so almost a year ago when I first upgraded, and it still won't let me open it today. I just purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 to play with a friend having...
  7. Microsoft Store Games Crashing

Microsoft Store Games Crashing: Does anyone know why games that I install from Microsoft store are crashing??? I just install Forza horizon 4 and can't play it... It is ridiculous that thousands of people are having this problem and that they didn't fix it yet....
  8. Microsoft store games not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games not loading: So recently the microsoft store has not been loading. It looks like this: [ATTACH] A similar thing happened with minecraft, the skins don't show up and I can't access the marketplace. Anyone know the solution?...
  9. Microsoft Store For PC Games Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store For PC Games Not Installing: 0x80072F8F is the code i recieve. i have run troubleshooting on networks and updated date and time to no avail as i can not install the xbox gamepass games i paid money for and am losing out on for the time being....
  10. Cant install games off the microsoft store.

Cant install games off the microsoft store.: i just got the xbox game pass wanting to play forza 4 and i have enough space on my d drive to install it on. but when i choose the d drive and click install nothing happens litteraly nothing. i cant free up space on my c drive since its a smaller ssd. ive tried every single...