Windows 10: Games installed through the Microsoft Store app close immediately on launch

Discus and support Games installed through the Microsoft Store app close immediately on launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; System specs: Fresh Windows 10 installation Intel i5 3570k CPU AMD RX 480 GPU 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM 128GB Samsung Evo SSD / 1TB Western Digital HDD... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BaileyG2, Feb 22, 2021.

1. BaileyG2 Win User

Games installed through the Microsoft Store app close immediately on launch

System specs:

• Fresh Windows 10 installation
    • Intel i5 3570k CPU
    • AMD RX 480 GPU
    • 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
    • 128GB Samsung Evo SSD / 1TB Western Digital HDD
    • Asus P8Z77-I Delux/WD motherboard

Reinstalled Windows 10, downloaded and installed Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 graphics card drivers. Games from other sources work totally fine, ie. Team Fortress 2 installed through Steam.

Whenever I launch a game Minecraft for Windows 10, Roblox, Cities Skyline through the Microsoft Store, the game opens for a couple of seconds and then closes without any explanation.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the games, clicking reset on the apps in the Microsoft Store, but nothing has worked so far.

:)

BaileyG2, Feb 22, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Feb 22, 2021
  3. SahilManiar, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Games installed through the Microsoft Store app close immediately on launch - Similar Threads - Games installed through

2. Microsoft Windows store closed immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows store closed immediately: I am trying to download Mendeley Cite plugin which is available only through Microsoft windows store and office store. I have windows 10 22h2 Build OS: 19045.2604. Microsoft store close immediately after being opened. I tried the following solutions: Resetting windows store...
  3. Microsoft Windows store closed immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows store closed immediately: I am trying to download Mendeley Cite plugin which is available only through Microsoft windows store and office store. I have windows 10 22h2 Build OS: 19045.2604. Microsoft store close immediately after being opened. I tried the following solutions: Resetting windows store...
  4. Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.

Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.: Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.I was able to download and launch Minecraft windows 10 app from the microsoft store app, so this seems to be related to Roblox only at this time.I tried the steps shown here:Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on...
  5. Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes

Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes: I've followed and tried many of the more popular suggestions on this issue but to no avail. However, I have been able to narrow down that the problem fixes if I create a new user on the PC but, as soon as I sign in with a specific email my most important one Microsoft account...
  6. Roblox from Microsoft Store opens and closes immediately after launch.

Roblox from Microsoft Store opens and closes immediately after launch.: I have tried everything. Re-Installing Roblox, Resetting Roblox and Microsoft Store, Done the Microsoft Store troubleshoot, Re-registered the apps, Done WSreset.exe and re-installed Microsoft Store. It all started happening when i updated Windows to version 1909. Please...
  7. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  8. Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.

Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.: Hello, I bought the Xbox Game Pass for PC and for some reason it wasn't activated in my Store, it was telling me to buy again, So I checked online for a fix and it told me to "delete localcache", and I went ahead and did that but now my Store opens and closes immediately!...
  9. Microsoft App Store opens up and immediately closes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft App Store opens up and immediately closes.: I just installed the latest update of Windows 10. Now my Microsoft App Store opens and closes immediately. I saw this was a problem back in 2015. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?...
  10. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.: Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps...