Windows 10: Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?

Discus and support Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all. I am having issues with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX750. I discovered today that when I try to play a game, it's suddenly extremely slow and jerky.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mrsteerpike, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?

Hi all. I am having issues with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX750. I discovered today that when I try to play a game, it's suddenly extremely slow and jerky. This issue has come a bit out of nowhere, as it was working fine when I last played a game (the same game) a couple of weeks ago.

The only unusual thing I've done recently with this desktop computer has been to move it interstate. That was about two weeks ago, and I haven't noticed any issues with any facet of the computer until today when I went to play at game on Steam for the first time since I moved.

Specs

Inter(R) Core(TM i7-4790) CPU @ 3.60GHz
    16 GM RAM
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Windows 10 Home

Additional Notes

- I attempted to access the NVIDIA control panel but it won't let me, saying: "You are not currently using a display attached to a NVIDIA GPU"
    - The GTX750 is still recognised by my device manager though
    - My computer's not in power saver mode, which was my first thought
    - My latest GeForce driver is up to date; is there any other drivers I should be chasing down?

I'm pretty hopeless tech wise so please bear with me and let me know if I haven't provided the correct/enough info. Thanks!

:)

mrsteerpike, Nov 30, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Zoo Tycoon 2 Unable to create a graphics renderer Windows 10

I was playing zoo tycoon 2 and changed my resolution to 1600x900 and applied the settings , suddenly the game closed . I opened it up again and got the error . I have looked for many solutions and have updated my driver and uninstalled then reinstalled the
    game, still the same error . any solutions?

My graphics card is AMD Radeon 7560HD

ThomasDoughty, Nov 30, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?

As you say that you moved the computer a long distance, I imagine that the monitor was disconnected.

The I7-4790 CPU has built-in graphics, so I suppose that your unnamed motherboard has graphics ports on the rear I/O panel.

I'd guess that the monitor was connected to one of those rather than to the nVidia card. That would seriously bugger the graphics performance.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize in advance.

bobkn, Nov 30, 2016
  5. ...Well that was embarrassing.

You are 100% bang on. I could have sworn I reconnected it to the same port, but clearly I didn't...

Thanks - I should apologise to you for wasting your time!

mrsteerpike, Dec 1, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    No need to feel embarrassed. I only guessed it because it's so common.

It's a pleasure to be of service, however minor.

bobkn, Dec 1, 2016
  7. Well thanks all the same! *Smile

mrsteerpike, Dec 1, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

I forgot to ask - Steerpike from Gormenghast?

bobkn, Dec 1, 2016
  9. Yes indeed! One of my favourite characters from one (well, two) of my favourite books.

mrsteerpike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised? - Similar Threads - Games jerky sluggish

2. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  3. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  4. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?: So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to...
  6. sd card not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sd card not recognised: have a new asus laptop with windows 10 its not recognising that i insert any sd card. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-recognised/552b5094-5f9a-4e6a-8489-85088a376087
  7. Sudden Graphical Glitches in many games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Graphical Glitches in many games: So, I've had pretty much no trouble playing games on my laptop for as long as I've had it. A week or two ago, I booted up a game and the graphics were all messed up. I checked other games and the vast majority of them have the same issue, though some are unaffected. This...
  8. Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics card not being recognised?: Please help! I recently performed a clean re-install of Windows 10 (64/Home) on my PC. I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB graphics card, which seems to be causing some issues. I have installed the drivers via GeForce experience, rebooted, removed the display adapter from device...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly sluggish: Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish. It seems games are running just fine and all, but the general UI and everything else seems so sluggish (the general response time of...
  10. PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.: My Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop PC running Windows 10 was fine when I switched it off but the next day won't work properly. It will eventually boot after about 10 mins to the desktop but if you hove over the start menu or quicklaunch menu you just get the egg timer. I usually...