Windows 10: Games keep changing color profile

Discus and support Games keep changing color profile in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC, installed Windows 10 Pro, all drivers are up to date. I've noticed on two different monitors I've tried, Windows keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NormVanBroccoli, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Games keep changing color profile

I recently built a new PC, installed Windows 10 Pro, all drivers are up to date. I've noticed on two different monitors I've tried, Windows keeps changing the color profile from my default accurate sRGB calibrated one to something much more saturated and blown out, the only way I can fix this is to hit the Windows key, search color management, click on my correct color profile and click "Set as Default", this will usually change it back to the more accurate color setting. Every single game I boot up does this. I've never had this issue on another PC.

What could be causing this and is there any fix?

submitted by /u/NormVanBroccoli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NormVanBroccoli, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Color Saturation changes while playing games

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Color saturation on the computer, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only while playing games?
    • Have you downloaded the games from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

You can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Updating drivers

I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Drivers.

4. Restart the computer if prompted.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Calibrating Display color Profiles

You can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, and then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Andre2210 Win User

Games keep changing color profile

Creators update- games ignore nvidia ctrl panel color profile

not fixed in Red stone 3 , still issues with color profiles.
    not sure what build number i tried, but it was RS3
    and i think i found something interesting:
    the games that give me issues are in the list of RADAR leak detection:

Games keep changing color profile [​IMG]

and all those games seem to have that check box enabled at compatibility for ignore high DPI scaling.
    something like that.

edit : i did not try that build.
    if the fix works on the new build, then they might rollout a cumulative KB if possible.

Andre2210, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Games keep changing color profile

1. Games keep changing color profile - Similar Threads - Games keep changing

2. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  3. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  4. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  5. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  6. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Color profile keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile keeps resetting: I have a custom icc I made with an app called calibrize because I couldn't get the colors to my liking with the other tools. However, it startetd resetting every time the pc is turned on. I have tried the task scheduler fix but it didn't work for me, also I updated the...
  8. Microsoft keeps changing my wallpaper, profile picture, and color in Personalization to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keeps changing my wallpaper, profile picture, and color in Personalization to...: So me and my other family member have been having this issue with Microsoft randomly changing our personalization formats on both our accounts for no apparent reason. Whenever I edit my personalization settings, like my background picture and profile picture, it only stays...
  9. SystemSettingsBroker.exe keeps resetting Color profile, causing flickering-colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SystemSettingsBroker.exe keeps resetting Color profile, causing flickering-colors: I have this problem on Windows 1809 Pro, Lenovo T480s laptop with Intel HD 620 graphics (tried with latest drivers offered by Lenovo, AND with latest drivers (17 jan 2019) offered by Intel going against their advise to use OEM drivers). I don't seem to have this problem on...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673