Windows 10: games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

Discus and support games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dali_800, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Dali_800 Win User

games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i dont my game will instantly close without even leaving an error codeMY pc specsgtx 1070i5 9400f8 gbs of ram

:)

Dali_800, Jun 18, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 18, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 18, 2021
  4. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

1. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update - Similar Threads - games keep crashing

2. Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game: So i've had this problem for a couple weeks now. Whenever i open a game like valorant my internet disconnects entirely. The only way to fix it is to update the network driver and it will fix it for a couple minutes and go back to disconnecting. My internet works completely...
  3. Game Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Keeps Crashing: Not sure if this is the right spot but I'm running out of options So, to begin my breaker tripped in my room and my computer wouldn't boot after that. After Troubleshooting I found it to be an SSD that had nothing to do with Boot. Removed it other SSD still didn't want to...
  4. Computer Crashes whenever I play a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes whenever I play a game.: Hey, I'm having issues with my computer while playing games. Here is a dump from Whocrashed. crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011221-6984-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys watchdog+0x3AD0 Bugcheck code: 0x119 0x2,...
  5. Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 completely ignores any and all update settings, forces updates whenever the hell...: Absolutely zero warning. I could be watching a movie, or playing a game, or just browsing the internet and BAM fucking Windows start shutting down. I've set it to interrupt updates, I've set it to show notifications, I've set it to not immediately reboot, and it completely...
  6. Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.: Hello, Ever since I've built my new PC I have been getting connectivity issues with it, at first I thought it was my ISP and second I thought it was my network adapter but it turns out it's none of those things from what I could gather but instead, it's my system? So, my...
  7. Computer crashing whenever I play games

Computer crashing whenever I play games: Hello, I just recently got a PC but I am having some problems where I keep crashing and freezing whenever I am playing games. This has been happening since day 1 of me having my computer. If someone is willing to help me diagnose and troubleshoot a problem I would really...
  8. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing: SO i just got a new gpu its the RTX 2060 Super and ever since i installed it all my games crash except for rocket league. Its very annoying and i check task manager while gaming and majority of my games are using 94-100% cpu and causing stutters and such. Is there any advice...
  9. Game Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Keeps Crashing: I am trying to play Halo CE and it keeps crashing. I have ddu'd and reinstalled display and chipset drivers. Here are some Error reports. Access violation in ntdll.dll EXCEPTION INFORMATION Code: 0xc0000005 Address: 0x77E0C5D4 Flags: 0 MODULE INFORMATION Name:...
  10. Pc crashing whenever i start a game

Pc crashing whenever i start a game: Hello I am having a issue with my windows 10 machine that it always crashes whenever I start a game when I checked my mini dump file for the problem it tells that the process "Ntoskrnl.exe" has caused the problem. I have tried many fixes but none of them worked even rebooting...