Windows 10: games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

Discus and support games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dali_800, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Dali_800 Win User

games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i dont my game will instantly close without even leaving an error codeMY pc specsgtx 1070i5 9400f8 gbs of ram

:)

Dali_800, Jun 18, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 18, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 18, 2021
  4. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

1. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update - Similar Threads - games keep crashing

2. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  3. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  4. Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.: Recently rolled back a graphics driver. I went through the proper way to uninstall and reinstall the old one for stability issues, and now my computer keeps crashing. I did the same thing now that there is a better driver and still have the same problem. I am unsure of what...
  5. Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.

Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.: Recently rolled back a graphics driver. I went through the proper way to uninstall and reinstall the old one for stability issues, and now my computer keeps crashing. I did the same thing now that there is a better driver and still have the same problem. I am unsure of what...
  6. Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.: Whenever i launch any sort of game, whether my PC is able to run it, or not, it always crashes/is unresponsive.If I'm playing any music, or watching a video, the sound stops, but the video continues to play, and the game would freeze. The first thing id do is open task...
  7. Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.

Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.: Whenever i launch any sort of game, whether my PC is able to run it, or not, it always crashes/is unresponsive.If I'm playing any music, or watching a video, the sound stops, but the video continues to play, and the game would freeze. The first thing id do is open task...
  8. Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.

10. Computer crashing /unresponsive whenever i close any sort of game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging