Windows 10: Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

Discus and support Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i play alot of games but some of my games keep crashing (not all) on thing noticed is the games that crash are multiplayer games so i checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oceanman1342, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

So i play alot of games but some of my games keep crashing (not all) on thing noticed is the games that crash are multiplayer games so i checked my event viewer and i got this error after i crashed i just need help fixing it to see if thats the problem

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date: 10/23/2019 11:37:38 PM

Event ID: 10016

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: DESKTOP-G21SCA5\Clay

Computer: DESKTOP-G21SCA5

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user DESKTOP-G21SCA5\Clay SID (S-1-5-21-767269108-268738555-4067840469-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-24T04:37:38.267286800Z" />

<EventRecordID>3755</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{1061c8de-e148-42f2-8e7f-a209fea6dfa7}" />

<Execution ProcessID="816" ThreadID="9224" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-G21SCA5</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-767269108-268738555-4067840469-1001" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>

<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>

<Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>

<Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">DESKTOP-G21SCA5</Data>

<Data Name="param7">Clay</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-767269108-268738555-4067840469-1001</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>

<Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Oceanman1342, Oct 24, 2019
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 24, 2019
  4. hexaae Win User

Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code:

hexaae, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

1. Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer - Similar Threads - Games keep crashing

2. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  3. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  4. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  5. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  6. PC keep crashing When playing game and getting error in Event Viewer Event id 86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep crashing When playing game and getting error in Event Viewer Event id 86: I have downloaded Assassins creed mirage and want to play this game whenever i start this game at the starting cut scene game freeze and after few seconds i got a blue screen and my whole pc restart i check the event viewer and find there was event created in Windows log ->...
  7. PC keep crashing When playing game and getting error in Event Viewer Event id 86

PC keep crashing When playing game and getting error in Event Viewer Event id 86: I have downloaded Assassins creed mirage and want to play this game whenever i start this game at the starting cut scene game freeze and after few seconds i got a blue screen and my whole pc restart i check the event viewer and find there was event created in Windows log ->...
  8. Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games: so for the past few days ive beeen trying to troubleshoot this issue. it seems to have arisen from a windows update , but now i cant play a game for more than 5 minutes. IN event viewer i was getting dcom erorr 10016 but having seemingly fixed that issue now im lucky if i can...
  9. Games keep crashing, Error 10016 in Event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing, Error 10016 in Event viewer: So my games keep crashing and after searching in google, people said to check event viewer. there are multiple error 10016 in there but there are 10 on the exact same time. I searched for a fix but when i get into the DCOM Config everything is greyed out. This is the...
  10. Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing: Hi, I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer view_0.xml mmc crash