Windows 10: Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m

Discus and support Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Asus Laptop has an Nvidia 930m with a 5th gen core i3 at 2ghz..Its good for light to medium games...atleast it was... i used to be able to run GTA 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nitefury, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Nitefury Win User

Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m

My Asus Laptop has an Nvidia 930m with a 5th gen core i3 at 2ghz..Its good for light to medium games...atleast it was... i used to be able to run GTA 5 at 40fps consistently....but recently there have been problems... CSGO comes at around 100 fps consistently...but then suddenly it drops to 5 fps for a few seconds, completely freezing the game....even Fortnite comes at 90fps in low settings...and suddenly drops to 10 fps freezing the game for a few seconds...this happens like every 5 mins and is the bane of my existence.... All Drivers are upto date....and if it is thermal throttling, it shoudve happened before...but its only happening recently.....Thanks for any help that you can provide.

:)

Nitefury, Sep 22, 2018

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Game lag after the most recent update

Hi Billy,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing lags while playing. One of which is the game server issue. To properly address your this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link
    . This can help diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m - Similar Threads - Games Lag Suddenly

2. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  3. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  4. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason: Hi Everyone,A couple of weeks ago my pc, has the title suggests, became slow in responding to commands, ditto for playing games and it's no longer fun.First thing that occurred to me was a hardware failure of some sort so I checked ALL my hardware and everything appears to be...
  5. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason: Hi Everyone,A couple of weeks ago my pc, has the title suggests, became slow in responding to commands, ditto for playing games and it's no longer fun.First thing that occurred to me was a hardware failure of some sort so I checked ALL my hardware and everything appears to be...
  6. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My pc will lag on games for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc will lag on games for no reason: I have been playing on my pc for about 5 months now and it has been fine but a week ago my games started lagging also my discord but nothing else not my browsers or videos on youtube.when im playing a game it will freeze for about 4 seconds and then continue fine for about 6...
  8. I CANNOT INSTALL MY NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I CANNOT INSTALL MY NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M: My ASUS LAPTOP A556U ModelL X556UF RAM: 12GB with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M 2GB I cannot install my nvidia even though I tried already all the possibilities that was in youtube even in nivida website to download the drivers but still it says not compatible and failed to install...
  9. Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m

in Windows 10 Support
    Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m: My Asus Laptop has an Nvidia 930m with a 5th gen core i3 at 2ghz..Its good for light to medium games...atleast it was... i used to be able to run GTA 5 at 40fps consistently....but recently there have been problems... CSGO comes at around 100 fps consistently...but then...
  10. Sudden Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Lag in Games: In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games like WoW and Swtor, and can make me lose a turn in card games, like Duelyst. The games this has happened in are World of...