Windows 10: Games losing focus at random times

Discus and support Games losing focus at random times in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm playing a game when at random times it suddenly alt tabs for half a second and then goes back right after and I have to click in the game to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Szeif, Jun 10, 2023.

1. /u/Szeif Win User

Games losing focus at random times

I'm playing a game when at random times it suddenly alt tabs for half a second and then goes back right after and I have to click in the game to control it. I used a focus logger but it didn't detect anything. Has anyone else experienced this? If I remember correctly this started around 1 week ago

submitted by /u/Szeif
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Szeif, Jun 10, 2023
  2. IrvS Win User

Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

3. Active window randomly loses focus

On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft for 15 minutes without the game going ahead and pausing by itself because of this. And before you say it's a Windows issue, this never happened on the computer I'm typing this on (which is the one I did all my other posts on), meaning it's something on the computer.
    Sometimes, the culprit is obvious (and it's McAfee), but most of the time this happens, it's completely out of the blue. This is so annoying. What can I do?

allam447635, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Games losing focus at random times

Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Games losing focus at random times

1. Games losing focus at random times - Similar Threads - Games losing focus

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  5. Apps losing focus randomly

Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  6. Games losing focus ? on Win 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games losing focus ? on Win 10/11: When playing video games I get a really annoying bug. First the screen goes black for about 1s. After that every game reacts differently:1. Sometimes the graphics glitch between controller and kbm inputs but the controls still work2. Sometimes the game only reacts to some of...
  7. Games losing focus ? on Win 10/11

Games losing focus ? on Win 10/11: When playing video games I get a really annoying bug. First the screen goes black for about 1s. After that every game reacts differently:1. Sometimes the graphics glitch between controller and kbm inputs but the controls still work2. Sometimes the game only reacts to some of...
  8. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  9. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  10. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...