Windows 10: Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

Discus and support Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Genkilein, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

Hello,

I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try to open it, it kicks me out like pressing (alt + tab). It feels like when I open it, the game loses the focus. I have no problems with borderless window. I am using a GTX 1080 and Windows 10. Do you know what I can do? I searched on the internet, but don't there wasn't a solution that works.

Here is an example (GTA 5, but it's on every game with full-screen):

https://streamable.com/h6osi1

submitted by /u/Genkilein
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Genkilein, Nov 13, 2020
  2. todd24 Win User

minimizing games

when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png

todd24, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Cerawy Win User

Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

1. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it? - Similar Threads - Games minimize start

2. how to fix frames for game when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix frames for game when in full screen: whenever i click on my games for example Roblox or Roblox studios it seems to run fine when the window is very small but when it is in full screen mode the fps drops dramatically low like from 50-60 sometimes it says inf but when its full screen it always drops to a dramatic...
  3. how to fix frames for game when in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix frames for game when in full screen: whenever i click on my games for example Roblox or Roblox studios it seems to run fine when the window is very small but when it is in full screen mode the fps drops dramatically low like from 50-60 sometimes it says inf but when its full screen it always drops to a dramatic...
  4. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  5. HDR minimize game in full screen

HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  6. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  8. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games that run in full screen keep minimizing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game such as minecraft or call of duty, the game opens for a second or two and then minimizes. when I try to click on it on the...
  9. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...
  10. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...