Windows 10: Games minimized to destop

Discus and support Games minimized to destop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With the recent automatic update of 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4340917), a problem arises in that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VikkiDavis1, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Games minimized to destop

With the recent automatic update of 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4340917), a problem arises in that I cannot play any games now. All games, within 2 seconds, minimize to desktop and the only solution has been to uninstall the above update. I've done that, but it automatically re-installs itself after a day or two. I am hoping to find a permanent solution that will keep from having to uninstall this every 5 minutes. I've looked within the community but haven't found a solution yet that make this a permanent uninstall.

I mentioned this a few days ago when it first happened and thought I could share how I managed to fix it, but I guess I wasn't thinking that this would re-install itself. There used to be an option where we could choose our updates, but no longer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vikki

:)

VikkiDavis1, Jul 28, 2018

2. Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying out the focus assist options right now, will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off for games seems to have reduced the time it takes to minimize and maximize the games, but i still get the annoying message box in the top left corner of the screen, and id still like my games to minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Cerawy, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Games minimized to destop

Windows 10 games minimizes periodically

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Which build is installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue occurring with Windows Store games?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Games minimized to destop

1. Games minimized to destop - Similar Threads - Games minimized destop

2. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: Recently, within the past week, my computer has started to minimize my full screen games every 10 minutes or so. I can't figure out the cause and I've tried multiple fixes. Things I've tried:-Making sure everything is up to date GPU drivers and Windows-turning off game...
  3. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  4. Games are being minimized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games are being minimized: my games i play started minimizing randomly a month ago and i have no idea what is causing it. It started only doing it during it in a couple of games but now its happening in everything i play.Ive tried:Updating all my drives and suchclosing unneeded apps in the...
  5. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: I have certain games that will not stay full screen, no matter what i try. Ive turned off game mod xbox game bar, turned of hdr, and some other basic things.Its makes these games unplayable, just trying to play fallout 4. I cant find anything that fixes my issue...
  6. Games randomly minimizing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games randomly minimizing: Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though it should only effect the games that use that resolution. I have gamemode turned off, and im not sure what to do. Any advice...
  7. Destop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Destop Shortcuts: Colleagues Good afternoon I need to provide remote user access to a data base that I've uploaded to Dropbox. I want to be able to set up desktop icons remotely, so that I don't have to schedule visits to them all. I know the base user location details, e.g....
  8. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  9. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...
  10. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572