Windows 10: Games minimizing in Windows 10 - Please help

Discus and support Games minimizing in Windows 10 - Please help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with playing games on my PC. First of all, excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong board, but I didn't know which board... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kajo_cro, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Kajo_cro Win User

Games minimizing in Windows 10 - Please help

Hello,

I have a problem with playing games on my PC. First of all, excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong board, but I didn't know which board to choose.

Let me explain everything from the beginning sorry for the long post:

So my PC configuration is:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    GPU: Ati Radeon RX580 8GB

RAM: 8GB

Asrock motherboard, not sure which model tbh.

Anyway, I am using Windows 10 Pro, everything is updated since I always use all new updates on my system, for Windows, GPU, etc. Also, I have done a clean Windows installation several times to fix this problem and it seems that nothing works. Also, I would like to mention that I am using BitDefender Internet Security if this might be some kind of problem.

I am playing my games via the Steam platform Destiny 2 and via the Origin platform Battlefront 2. Everything is installed correctly, with no cracks or something like that. Everything on my system is 100% legit.

However, here comes my problem. It seems that my games are automatically minimized to desktop and whatever I do doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I want to say immediately that I am using a Dell 4K monitor, but I play my games on full HD resolution 1920x1080 because of a better and more stable frame rate. When I set my game resolution to 4K problem doesn't occur. As soon as I put it to full HD, games are automatically minimized.

What I have tried until now:

Open the minimized game and keep clicking the middle of my screen which might help game stay full screen. It doesn't help. I tried several fresh windows installations, it didn't help. The last thing that I tried, I installed Windows again but this time I didn't install Ati Radeon drivers. I thought that drivers might be a problem so I just had drivers for GPU that are installed automatically via Windows. It helped. But not for long. Games worked okay for several days, but they started to minimize again. I have checked if some additional software was installed automatically from Ati Radeon, but no. Nothing new installed. I checked my system for viruses, etc, nothing.

I do not know what to do here. Any ideas on how to continue? Please help! Feel free to ask if you need any additional info!

Thanks in advance

:)

Kajo_cro, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 games minimizes periodically

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Which build is installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue occurring with Windows Store games?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Games minimizing in Windows 10 - Please help - Similar Threads - Games minimizing Please

2. Windows minimizing in middle of game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows minimizing in middle of game: Helo guys, i have an issue. I tried all possible online solutions, still couldnt fix this.Problem is: When i'm playing game, doesnt matter which one in some point game minimizes itself to a desktop. In background, a cmd window pops up, just black, no text on in and headline...
  3. Windows minimizing in middle of game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows minimizing in middle of game: Helo guys, i have an issue. I tried all possible online solutions, still couldnt fix this.Problem is: When i'm playing game, doesnt matter which one in some point game minimizes itself to a desktop. In background, a cmd window pops up, just black, no text on in and headline...
  4. Capslock on/off notification is minimizing my game to desktop. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capslock on/off notification is minimizing my game to desktop. Please help!: Whenever I press capslock I get a large notification box of it being on/off at the top middle of my screen. This popup window is causing the game Escape from Tarkov to minimize to the desktop which is super annoying as I need to use that key. This doesn't happen with all...
  5. Capslock on/off notification is minimizing my game to desktop. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Capslock on/off notification is minimizing my game to desktop. Please help!: Whenever I press capslock I get a large notification box of it being on/off at the top middle of my screen. This popup window is causing the game Escape from Tarkov to minimize to the desktop which is super annoying as I need to use that key. This doesn't happen with all...
  6. Capslock on/off notification is minimizing my game to desktop. Please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Games minimizing, help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimizing, help please!: So...long story short, my games keeps minimizing by themselves. I'm playing for like 5-10-15 minutes and then my game get's minimized. I open the game, again, from the taskbar, keep playing and then it does it again. And so on... I can't play for the sake of my life. The...
  8. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  9. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  10. Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop: Hi! I've had my custom built desktop for a few months now. It has Windows 10 Pro installed as the OS. The issue I am having is that when I try to play games in fullscreen mode, they will periodically be minimized to the desktop. It appears they are still running in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games keep minimizing windows 10

2. origin games keep minimizing

3. games minimizing windows 10 2020

4. origin game keeps minimizing