Windows 10: games not launching in fullscreen

Discus and support games not launching in fullscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; one of the weirdest problems with windows im on windows 10 i have ever seen my, laptop will launch a game perfectly fine in fullscreen on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kurt_890, May 18, 2020.

1. Kurt_890 Win User

games not launching in fullscreen

one of the weirdest problems with windows im on windows 10 i have ever seen my, laptop will launch a game perfectly fine in fullscreen on my laptop display but on my 2nd monitor it will launch it with a border even though the in game menu is set to full screen my laptops native res and 2nd monitor are both 1080 and are set to 1080 in game and in windows i have the 2nd monitor as main display and set to show only on 2. i also hooked it up to another 1080 monitor and same problem however on a 4k display it launches perfectly fine in 1080p and in 4k aswell no borders. i have fiddled with all kinds of drivers and no luck

specs gtx 960m

i7 6700hq

:)

Kurt_890, May 18, 2020

2. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, May 18, 2020
  3. Games does not view in fullscreen mode in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will certainly help you with the issue.

To assist you better, please answer the questions below:

• Is the issue specific to particular game on Windows 10?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to reinstall the game and check if the screen gets maximized when it launches.

Please get back to us with the updated status, we will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 18, 2020
  4. games not launching in fullscreen

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, May 18, 2020
Thema:

games not launching in fullscreen

1. games not launching in fullscreen - Similar Threads - games launching fullscreen

2. Fullscreen optimizations for gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen optimizations for gaming: [ATTACH] Good day. So I've been curious about this fullscreen optimization feature and what it actually does. I've read somewhere else that it may even break things or cause apps to work worse. I've been trying to fix this issue where, I'm playing genshin impact in...
  3. ms-gamingoverlay keeps appearing during games launched in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-gamingoverlay keeps appearing during games launched in fullscreen: Hi,I have Windows 11 N and every time I try to launch game in a fullscreen mode game is minimalized and I'm prompted screen that says im missing "ms-gamingoverlay" and I need to open miscrosoft store to install neccessary software.As instructed in the internet i've done...
  4. ms-gamingoverlay keeps appearing during games launched in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-gamingoverlay keeps appearing during games launched in fullscreen: Hi,I have Windows 11 N and every time I try to launch game in a fullscreen mode game is minimalized and I'm prompted screen that says im missing "ms-gamingoverlay" and I need to open miscrosoft store to install neccessary software.As instructed in the internet i've done...
  5. Fullscreen app wont launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen app wont launch: Hi,So this strange bug appeared three days ago, let me explain.When i launch a game in fullscreen, it won't open. More precisely, it opens, but it's running in the background, without letting me see anything.If I click on the taskbar icon, it opens for half a second then...
  6. Games not working in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games not working in fullscreen: Hey,After updating to the latest Windows Build, games in Fullscreen wont start or crash if i decide to alt-tab. Before the latest update everything worked fine. What are your suggestions besides rolling back to the previous build?...
  7. some games only launch fullscreen on interlaced refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some games only launch fullscreen on interlaced refresh rate: my laptop will launch a game perfectly fine in full screen on my laptop display but on any 1080p 2nd monitor it will only launch in full screen if i set the refresh rate to interlaced. i have tried many different drivers for both nvidia and intel and its all the same dell...
  8. Fullscreen Issues On Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Issues On Games: Hello everybody, Yesterday I completed my first PC build. I installed Windows 10 Home on it and ran Windows Update until everything is up to date. I then downloaded and installed my latest graphics card drivers. After installing Steam and the Xbox Beta App, I downloaded...
  9. Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10: Hey, This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode and works perfectly but when I switch to fullscreen mode (alt+enter). The screen turns enitrely black and the audio is...
  10. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing: Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button. This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070. All my drivers are...