Windows 10: Games not running after changing Motherboard.

Discus and support Games not running after changing Motherboard. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot play games from microsoft store after changing my mobo. I did read about this issue and I cant just download Forza Horizon 3 again. I do own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MateuszPopławski, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Games not running after changing Motherboard.

I cannot play games from microsoft store after changing my mobo. I did read about this issue and I cant just download Forza Horizon 3 again. I do own newer games but how I can resolve this problem, without unnesesary "magic".

*edit*

For now it is fixed out of nowhere but this might happen in future since im going to change my gpu soon.

:)

MateuszPopławski, Nov 17, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Games not running after changing Motherboard.

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Games not running after changing Motherboard.

1. Games not running after changing Motherboard. - Similar Threads - Games running changing

2. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard: As the title says, i suddenly got the "This site can’t provide a secure connection" and "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" after i changed my motherboard. Listed below are all the methods that i've tried:1. Synced the time and date2. Cleared SSL state3. Cleared browser's cache &...
  3. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR after changing motherboard: As the title says, i suddenly got the "This site can’t provide a secure connection" and "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" after i changed my motherboard. Listed below are all the methods that i've tried:1. Synced the time and date2. Cleared SSL state3. Cleared browser's cache &...
  4. Reactivate after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate after changing motherboard: Hello all,I'm unable to activate my windows 10 pro after changing my motherboard, I had bought it in early 2020 and I lost the activation code.. When I tried to reactivate it through troubleshoot I'm getting this errorWe can't activate windows now due to not connecting to...
  5. reactivation after change of motherboard

reactivation after change of motherboard: my last windows 10 pro was a digital license. I don't know how to reactivate after change of motherboard. I have still with me the genuine windows 7 license. I don't know what to do. kindly help me....
  6. Problem after changing motherboard

Problem after changing motherboard: Hello I recently had to change my motherboard, as it got fried, because of a blackout in my house, and after changing, I couldn't reactivate my windows, please help I got my windows 10 through the free update promotion, that was running a while back....
  7. After Motherboard change

After Motherboard change: Hi all, I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and now windows thinks I don't have my key anymore. I never got an email containing the key, where can I find it?...
  8. Activation After changing motherboard

Activation After changing motherboard: Hi So I just changed motherboards and my license isn't activating. I have tried using my microsoft account to sign in and activate the license with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way I can reset the license as its rather annoying that I got the license and...
  9. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...
  10. system running slow after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system running slow after changing motherboard: I just switched to a new motherboard, its an ASRock H97M-ITX/ac. Before I turned off my pc with the old motherboard I uninstalled some devices like the IDE controllers, network adapters, and sound. Then I installed the new motherboard, turned on the pc and noticed right away...