Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

Discus and support Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striumph, Jul 8, 2018.

1. striumph Win User

Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have.

Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it recently.
    I started using it today and I downloaded some drivers like NVIDIA and Nahimic and then a game that I sometimes play, its a very easy to run game that I should have no problem running on my laptop as it is an i7 7700, gtx 1060, 16G model.
    But for some reason the game hovers around 30-60fps, the resolution also doesnt look right on the game and various other applications, but not the Windows interface.
    I should mention that I have tried everything in NVIDIA control panel, changing all the settings to high performance GPU, and for some reason I cant right click apps and choose what graphics card to use like I used to before I reset. I think it might be something to do with the drivers but I am too scared to start configuring them without advice from someone.

Would really appreciate help as it is really bugging me. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel) :)

:)

striumph, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Jayant Gupta Win User

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Kanou Atama Kyousuke Win User
    Nvidia Control Panel Crash

I don't know why they said Driver for Windows 10 but everytime I try open it "Nvidia Control Panel V8.1.850 stopped working".

but for gaming Just game with DX10 & 11 is running well and can't open DX9 game.

- Windows 10 Pro

- GPU version 353.62 (they said for Windows 10) GT450M

- 4GB RAM

- CPU i5-480M 2.6Ghz

Kanou Atama Kyousuke, Jul 8, 2018
  4. DeviantWolf Win User

windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel) - Similar Threads - Games running should

2. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  3. BSOD when gaming, watching Full HD, and during running OCCT CPU test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when gaming, watching Full HD, and during running OCCT CPU test: Hi, have been recently getting BSOD daily when playing games or watching a full hd video(usually around once per day) Tried to investigate he reason but could not figure it out. Tried to run OCCT tests on cpu and gpu, results: gpu test is ok, cpu test gives a bsod in a...
  4. Game run slower on win10 1803 build.

Game run slower on win10 1803 build.: Hi. I own dell Vostro 5568 Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU 2.5 GHz 2.7GHz SSD 255GB and Intel HD 520 - NVIDIA 940MX. since the last windows update a game I play started to run slower and when I say slower I mean like the character movements are slower like an fps drop. I...
  5. Games crash-restarting, system files not running a week after new laptop purchase

Games crash-restarting, system files not running a week after new laptop purchase: Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS, purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. Since day one, I've encountered minor problems ranging from desktop right-click taking an eternity to slight performance issues such as 'microstuttering' in gaming and...
  6. E3 2018: Six New Lenovo gaming PCs running Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    E3 2018: Six New Lenovo gaming PCs running Windows 10: This week at E3, Lenovo announced six new gaming devices powered by Windows 10 that arrive with simple, built-in Mixer streaming for low-latency, interactive moments for viewers and streamers to engage with other gamers, plus the latest in gaming technology from Intel and...
  7. Can I run XBox 1 games on my Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run XBox 1 games on my Windows 10 PC?: Being a PC gamer for quite a while, I've begun to see some games only available for XBox 1 that I maybe would like to play but I'm a dummy as far as what non-PC games I can play on Windows 10. Can I purchase a XBox 1 game in the XBox store on Win 10 and be able to play that...
  8. Selected games do not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected games do not run: I clean installed Windows 10 64-bit Professional two months ago. I could play Hodoku and all Microsoft Games without any problem until a few weeks ago. Clicking on them does not have any effect. Same result when selecting from the "All apps" or "Start" menus. I do not...
  9. BSOD WHEA Uncorrectable Error when running games.

BSOD WHEA Uncorrectable Error when running games.: If you have a second computer or if you can use this computer for a period of time as only a "vanilla type" clean install then you can test the hardware without any confounding factors. These are steps to check the hardware before moving to testing as a vanilla type clean...
  10. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects while certain games are running.: Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I'd be able to find some good help here. I have a Netis WF2190 wifi adapter on my desktop here, and it keeps randomly disconnecting while running only certain games. It sometime disconnect and reconnects (enough to drop me from online games...