Windows 10: Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

Discus and support Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nic_1982, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Nic_1982 Win User

Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it just freezes after a moment of launching. Another example was loading up a game that uses a game launcher FFXIV and the game point blank will not open the launcher, almost as if there is no internet connection. The wire and connections are all working great as clearly I'm using the internet, and it worked at my previous

:)

Nic_1982, Oct 11, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Oct 11, 2021
  3. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2021
  4. sgage Win User

Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet - Similar Threads - Games working connected

2. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  3. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  4. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet: Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code critical process dies.Please help me to fix this issue.Thanks....
  6. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet: Hi,My computer freezes when I try to connect to Ethernet. So I turned my pc off and on. Then when I logged into my account I got BSOD windows stop code critical process dies.Please help me to fix this issue.Thanks....
  7. PC freezing when connecting to Ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not working when pc is connected to ethernet: Hi, very random question I hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer online...The WiFi in my house is terrible so decided to connect directly to the ethernet. The internet works great, no dropout as previous, however, whenever I load a game up, no matter what game, it...
  9. Ethernet connected to pc, no connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connected to pc, no connection: Network adapter doesn’t work so connected ethernet still doesn’t work. Audio doesn’t work. any help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-to-pc-no-connection/98635aef-404b-4fd4-ac13-23a484d1dfc6
  10. Ethernet connection not working because of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not working because of PC: Hi, [IMG]I need help to fix the Ethernet connection. I tried to connect it to other working cables and it still doesn’t work, I believe it has something to do with the computer, any ideas?...